- Be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or,
in plastic surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and
Surgeons of Canada. Plastic surgeons who are not citizens
of the United States or Canada who meet the high professional
and ethical standards required for ASAPS membership may become
ASAPS international active members.
- Be in at least the third year of active practice following
- Participate in accredited Continuing Medical Education
(CME) to stay current with developments in the field of cosmetic
- Document the performance of a significant number and variety
of cosmetic surgical cases to demonstrate wide experience.
- Be sponsored by two ASAPS-member plastic surgeons to help
ensure that the applicant's professional reputation meets
the high standards required by ASAPS
- Adhere to current ethical standards for professional conduct
as outlined in the Code of Ethics observed by all ASAPS-member