Fajita-Stuffed Chicken Recipe, 37g of Protein!May 16, 2018
These Fajita-Stuffed Chicken breasts make for a delicious meal. They are so good that you don’t even realize you are eating a healthy meal but it is still light on calories and packed with 37g of protein from Hungry Girl! Add salsa for an extra kick of spicy flavor!
Fajita-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 45 minutes; Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green and red bell peppers
- 2 tsp. fajita seasoning mix
- Two 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Optional topping: light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook and stir until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer cooked veggies to a medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. fajita seasoning, and stir well.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt, black pepper, and remaining 1 tsp. fajita seasoning. Evenly divide cooked veggies between the centers of the cutlets.
- Roll up each cutlet over the veggies. If needed, secure with toothpicks. Place in the baking pan.
- Cover pan with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, and sprinkle stuffed cutlets with cheese. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with salsa. Eat up!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 232; Carbohydrates 8.5 grams; Fat 5 grams; Protein 37 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday. Lisa is the author of 10 best-selling books, 6 of which debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Her television show, Hungry Girl, airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|