Shamrock Shake Recipe Makeover, Low Sugar and Only 117 Calories!March 16, 2017
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein®.
It is almost St. Patrick’s Day, and for some, it is a yearly tradition to grab one of those deliciously minty Shamrock Shakes. A traditional medium-size Shamrock Shake is a whopping 580 calories, 12 grams of protein, 16 grams of fat, 74 grams of carbs and 80 grams of sugar! While it might be tasty, it surely isn't healthy for us.
You can skip the drive-thru this year and make this delicious and nutritious bariatric friendly protein shake alternative! With this recipe makeover, you’re still getting the creamy mint shake but with only 117 calories.
Not only is the nutrition better, it is super easy to make using a Premier Protein® ready-to-drink shake and just a couple ingredients. We’ve substituted the ice cream with Greek Yogurt, so you’ll get a creamy shake with the added benefit of natural probiotics. For the traditionalist that must have the festively green color, we've added a few drops of green food coloring, entirely optional!
Recipe Makeover Comparison
|Traditional Shamrock Shake (Medium)|
|Shamrock Shake Makeover|
|Recipe Makeover % Change||
Premier Protein® Shamrock Shake Recipe
Makes 2 servings
- 1 Premier Protein Vanilla Shake, RTD 11oz
- 3 ounces of Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (Plain)
- 8 grams (1/4 package) of Sugar-Free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/4 tsp of Mint Extract (more if you like your shake minty)
- 4 drops of Green Food Coloring
- 10 Ice Cubes
- Green Food Coloring: This is for festive appearances only and does not impact taste or texture.
- Sweetener: We added no additional sweetener, you can adjust to your taste and preferences.
- Toppings: You can add toppings, such as sprinkles, SF chocolate syrup, or grated chocolate mint protein bar.
Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy! (Optional - Garnish with toppings)
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 117; Protein 19g; Fat 2g; Carbs 7g; Sugar 2g
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|