Almost 4 1/2 years

GoldFish
on 5/27/13 2:33 pm

almost 4.5 years out...well a lot has happened. I lost 188 lbs. I lost more then I actually weigh now. I've done two sprint trialthons and 5 5K races. But...I have become an alcoholic. I traded one for the other. The past two years I've been to 5 detoxs ,2 rehabs (30 days each) 1 IOP (intensive outpatient) two DUI's. I traded one addiction for another. I remember years ago when I was 373 lbs wishing I was an alcoholic. I thought that would be easier since all you had to do was not drink. 

I have never got arrested for overeating or going through a drive thru. Anyway my point is I still if I had to do it over again have had the surgery. This is just a warning. Don't drink alcohol after surgery. I've come close to losing my family and my job and it has cost me 10's of thousands of dollars. The surgery worked as well as could have been expected. You just have to watch that cross addiction. Food is something I still worry about. I can eat anything now and I can eat way more than just a year ago. I have to be really careful. I can also eat a lot of carby stuff. Chips...ect. Just be careful.....

If your going to pee with the puppies you can't run with the big dogs....
sw 373  cw 185  goal 185

iisme
on 5/29/13 12:57 am

Goldfish...
Were you much of a drinker before surgery? I think a lot of people dont take transfer addictions seriously but it happens A LOT! When you cant comfort yourself with eating anymore you find it elsewhere. It just sucks that you chose to find it in alcohol. Best of luck to you and I hope you can get it sorted soon.  I do know that for me if I have one drink I cant stop at that and then lose all common sense. I try hard not to even have that first drink in the evening. Wine is the worst for me.

I am up about 15 pounds but still hanging in there. Would love to get it off of me.

Take care

XX

10 pounds loss pre-op
Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 1/2 years
GoldFish · 1 replies · 875 views
Roll call!!
iisme · 0 replies · 796 views
gaining it back
wichita_loser · 6 replies · 1642 views
Feeling stuck...