please take your vitamins or else....

Amy L.
on 1/11/04 9:18 am - Brooklyn, NY
RNY on 02/13/03 with
I'll be 1 year post op on February 13th. I'm feeling like a million bucks, only lost about 80 pounds but I'm looking quite nice and I've passed my goal. I wanted to be a size 14, today I'm a size 11 and the weight loss has stopped. That's my fault, cause I'm not even trying. Now listen, I neglected to take my iron, and sometimes my multivitamin, and rarely take my calcium. Here's the news, Doc says I'm going to need a blood transfusion, and that's not all, I'm in jeopardy of causing myself deterioration of the liver.Please don't do what I did, no matter how great you feel, those vitamins are the one thing we must remember to consume more than anything else...Amy Latorres
1ariel
on 1/22/04 8:29 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Thank you for sharing. I used to slack on all of my vitamins, even after my plastic surgery, and my levels were very low after only 2 months. But that was a HUGE eye opener for me, plus I am driven to get my hair healthy and growing back fuller.
fit N.
on 3/24/04 1:37 pm - wilton, CA
thank you for the advice.......I forget alot and you have made me put it at the top of my list to do each and everyday. thank you and keep us posted on how your doing okay
Jami C.
on 2/6/05 12:14 am - Paw Paw, MI
I must agree with you. I , however took the vitamins and the iron...but the iron caused more problems for me than it helped. I too, was about to get a blood transfusion 2 weeks ago because my hemoglobin was 7.8...too low....that's from iron deficiency...so, instead, I went to a hematologist and he gave me an iron infusion! Now I feel better than I ever have! My hemoglobin is up to 10.9...with 12-16 being normal....what a difference the iron has made for me. Unreal.....take care all...Jami
trisa357
on 4/22/05 12:08 pm - hazel green, AL
Amy thanks for the wake up call, i forget sometimes and think but i feel really good so why bother. hope you feel better and do ok, hand in there and thanks again, ta thompson
Most Active