Losing slowly

Judith Poffenbarger
on 3/8/04 2:18 am - Green Valley, AZ
My surgery was 2/25/03. I have lost 80 pounds, I have never been sick and have had NO negative side effects. I am 64 years old and was lucky to accepted for the surgery at all. Many programs have a 60 year age limit. I'm not a WLS super-star but I am happy. I am free of the horrible frustration of never being able to keep the weight off. I can walk comfortable now & am much more active than I was at 311. This is not a magic solution. We slower losers must use the surgery as a tool and work at it. I feel like I've been let out of prison!! Hang in there and enjoy the success you have. Don't whine and complain that others are losing faster. So What. This is not a race. XXOO Judy Poffenbarger in Pleasanton California. Judith [email protected]
fit N.
on 3/24/04 12:38 pm - wilton, CA
I lost slower when I was eating just 3 meals a day and was hungry alot. I started losing faster when I began eating small bites of food throughout the day and also stopped having low blood sugar problems. I don't think losing 80 in a year is badd or slow.....I think you did great give yourself a hand and enjoy it. I have lost all the weight I needed to and feel great also. I am riding a bike 6 miles a day.....it feels great to exercise again. and believe it or not salad even tastes great to me... I am so happy to be back among the living......keep up the great work Judy. we were close to the same weight starting out, I had to lose 35-40 before they would do the surgery on me due to health...so my start was about 276
katste40
on 5/18/04 1:24 am - Plymouth, MN
I was so glad to see your message, I had RNY on 2-14-03 and have lost 80 lbs also from the day of surgery. I have lost many inches and clothes size but more than that I feel like I have a whole new happy me to deal with I know I have about 80 more pound to go until I am at goal but I am happy now, so I will keep working at it and continue to be happy. This has given me such a teriffic outlook on life and I feel like my life was given back to me. Keep up your good work and so will I.
Judith Poffenbarger
on 2/26/13 11:16 am - Green Valley, AZ

I AM NOW 73 YEARS OLD  AND HAVE GAINED BACK ABOUT 30 POUNDS.  STILL VERY GLAD I HAD  THE SURGERY.  NO MORE DIABETES, LESS BP  MED  AND  I AM  WAY MORE MOBILE AND ACTIVE THAN I WAS BEFORE.  I EAT CARBS SO I DON'T LOSE BUT  I FEEL GREAT AND HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE.  WE LIVE IN AZ  NOW AND  MISS OUR GREAT SUPPORT GROUP  IN CONCORD. I AM GOING TO FIND ONE IN TUCSON HOPEFULLY.  XXOO  JUDY  [email protected]

Most Active