Question- need help

call911me
on 2/20/10 8:07 am
Well I am a year out- and have gained 5lbs in the past month or so, I am so upset with myself. I know the holiday's didn't help and I ate some of what I shouldnt have. But what can I do to get back on track.?? I know I need to step up the exercising and water, any other suggestions?
I have about 60 lbs to go to get to my goal and I hope to do that in 6 months!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Stephanie
MSW will not settle
on 2/21/10 3:06 am
I only wish I could loose 10 lbs a month.  I could not even do that the  first month out.

I'm still a slow looser but this has worked for me.  Watch the ratio of carbs to total calories.  I hold carbs to 20% for weight loss and aim to double my minimum protein needs (weight devided by 2.2 equal daily protein requirement in grams).  Its a combo of my surgeon's plan and what I've learned on body building sites to loose weight while preserving muscle.

I'll never loose at the rate you're looking for so I won't gaurantee fast results.  However, having lost 85 lbs or so my lean mass remains within five pounds or so of my pre op lean mass.

Thats important metabolically.  The more muscle you preserve, the better you burn calories.  

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 777 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 767 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 873 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1103 views