how has everyone been?

fluffyNcute
on 6/9/10 12:22 am - Beantown, MA
It's been a while since I been on here but I see not to many others have been on here as well. How has everyone been doing and what are your updates?
For me I posted back in january I have an injury 3 bulging disk two minor one major. I am still fighting workers comp and will need to go in front of a judge June 30th. I haven't gained any weight but yet I haven't taken anymore off either. Still waiting for physical therapy as I can't go on my own the state only gives me $400.00 a month to survive on. Thankfully my children work and can handle pretty much there own on these tough times. I am also thankful I am in housing that goes on income otherwise I sincerely don't know where I would be at this moment in time.

Hope everyone is well and still smiling and being successful in all you do.
Many Blessings and Wishes for a great rest of the year!

MSW will not settle
on 6/9/10 10:17 am

Its sad how so few return here.  I havn't been back in months.  Seldom any new postings and the few posts there are do not get much attention. 

I'm still struggling.  Five pounds from goal.  Sticking to program.  I bought a pair of 'goal' jeans.  When they fit I'm done loosing.  I can now zip into a size zero at the gap (curvey) and american eagle outfitters (stretch).  My goal jeans are a pair of non stretch jeans by  the latter that I picked up at good will. 

I'm still loosing inches but the struggle with pounds continues.  If I can wear jeans in a zero, pounds be damned.  I am at goal. 

Too bad about your wc battle.  Its a shame how we earn the benefit but must fight to collect when we need it.  Good luck to you

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

fluffyNcute
on 6/9/10 3:12 pm - Beantown, MA
I know its crazy how we are on the boards pre-op and post op for so long then we just have such a busy life that out return is slim to little. Due to my injury I still have 40 pounds to go on my own. Just looking forward to seeing the light and being able to do what I use to do before I got injured
countesstabitha
on 6/9/10 4:20 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
I've been about the same. Having trouble with my band.. as in, I'm not losing. But I'm getting back on the wagon this month. I've been unfilled and am due to be refilled on June 29.. at which point my doc and I are going to be working closer to get things accomplished.

They resolved a lot of issues at my docs office - issues that made me not even go back for a bit. So, now that things are calm there, I'm going back on a regular basis and am getting the after care that I should have gotten a year ago. Better late than never!

I'm going to lose this weight now.

I feel ya on the pain! I have 4 bulging discs and 2 herniations.. plus RA.. Did the weight loss help your pain at all? Or did the pain occur after the loss?

fluffyNcute
on 6/10/10 2:54 am - Beantown, MA
I got injured at work in january while giving a massage so it was after the surgery. Now I am going through a lot of pain and I am going through a lot of stress with this workers comp case. I go see my employers Dr. on the 17th and then go to see the judge on June 30th to see where my case is going. Praying I win the casre and they have to back pay me because it will be 12 checks owed to me. But with that I will need to pay my lawyer 22% of what I receive which I was told is a good percentage considering some take more than that. Also can't wait because I need physical therapy and would like to get this accomplished because my doc says I could get paralization in my legs if I don't get what I need soon. Wishing you all the best and hopefully you get back on track like you want to be. I cant wait until I can exercise again so these last 40 pounds disappear.
Rexxie
on 8/26/10 3:03 am
VSG on 02/06/09 with
Alli14ppfk
on 6/10/10 8:40 am - Buffalo, NY
It sounds like everyone has their own struggles, just as we all did pre-op.  I am passed my own personal goal but am still fighting serious body image issues. I had a tummy tuck this past saturday and am already not happy. I hope it is my mind playing tricks on me and I only look the way I do because of the swelling. I already have a bad case of buyer's remorse and hope that it goes away with time.  Exercise has been not existent this last month.  I graduated school this past month, went on vacation, worked way too much at work then had surgery. I hope to get back on track 6 weeks from now when I'm cleared to go back to exercising. I hope it will help with my mood too. Hope everyone is happy with where they are now and have plans for the future.
Open RNY Gastric Bypass February 16, 2009
Fleur di lis abdominoplasty June 5, 2010
Mastoplexy Scheduled for February 28, 2011

SW 296/Surgeon's Goal 196/My Goal 175    

fluffyNcute
on 6/10/10 4:17 pm - Beantown, MA
You sound like your doing great dont be o hard on yourself. Keep a positive outlook and go from there.You have succeeded more than I have and I wish you all the best from here on out
Kathy P.
on 6/11/10 5:08 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi Cathy!

So glad I popped over here from the Exercise Forum! Happy to read that you are maintaining your weight while not being able to do anything!  Workers Comp can take forever, and you are right, you really have to fight for every penney of it!  Praying it all gets worked out for you very very soon so you can get on with the PT part of your recovery.

As for me, I am at goal, and running right along - literrally.

I've done 5 - 5K's, and just finished an 8K last weekend. I am signed up for my first Half Maraton on Aug. 7th. That will be an experience. My longest run so far is 10.5 miles, so I figure I can make the 13.1 without passing out or puking.    We will see.

I post daily on the Exercise Forum, as it has become my new "addiction", well that and sf popsicles!

You hang in there lady. It will get better...don't give up, and take care of yourself. Nice you have your man and your family there for ya!

Big giant hugs,
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
fluffyNcute
on 6/11/10 10:29 pm - Beantown, MA
Thank you so much Kathy.....You look absolutely fabulous no doubt about that. I can't wait until I am able to get back to my reg routine. Praying when this is all done and said for that I will be able to continue to take off my weight. Have 40 pounds to get to my goal weight.
Have a great weekend and I wish you the best on your run.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 771 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 762 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 868 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1096 views