THREE YEARS! ANY FEB 09'ers STILL OUT THERE?

MSW will not settle
on 3/2/12 12:15 am
Surgiversary three has come and gone.  How's everyone doing?  I hope you are all healthier, happier, and slimmer than you were three years ago. 

I'm still struggling with erratic weight gain that no doctor can seem to fix.  Its a combo of hormonal
issues including thyroid, cushings, and medications. 

Still, I'm holding at a curvey size two (the gap/ old navy) and zipped back into my tight size zero shorts yesterday.  I will continue working my way back into my "goal jeans", an american eagal brand size zero.  I'm making that my size for life. 

Be well.  Fight regain.  Stay with the basics and continue to follow the rules. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

pineview01
on 7/12/12 4:46 pm, edited 8/25/12 4:14 am - Davison, MI
So now your the Official "Skinny *****"  It is so good to see how well you have done.  I did OK the first year, 80 pounds down from my highest.  Than an unfill and down hill there after.  I'm getting the band removed soon.  I hate having to lose it and feel like I have failed.  But, I can't take the pain from the band and longer.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

JazzyOne9254
on 11/30/13 5:44 am, edited 11/30/13 5:51 am

I'll be five years out  2/25/14 with a DS.  Still pretty much effortless for me.   I'm in size 12 jeans, but that will change as I'm having skin removal from my lower body between now and January 30th.  Still don't have a firm date yet, but I hope to next week.

This is the 8th surgeon, and if he can't do it, this is it.  Capri length body shapers for me... for life.  :-(   

I've been messing with this for a year and a half, and I'm tired.  Plus, with Obamacare next year, my chances of getting it done are slim to none.

Disability (for now) and on Medicare.  The surgery is key to me getting off disability and getting back to life!

Mid to upper Missy sizes are fine with me...I've always been bottom heavy and "curvy".   It's a long way from the tight 32/34's I was wearing!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Easternshoregrl
on 3/12/14 5:35 am - MD
I had my sx in Feb of 09 as well. I am fighting with a 3lb gain, lose, gain, lose.
I'm having some bad issues with eating for the past 10 days. Going to my Sx for a unfill. The thought of it scares me but I'm tired of getting stuck on a cup of coffee in the moring and having to "bring it up".

First consult 306, pre-op visit 278, surgery date 272, current 198

JazzyOne9254
on 4/5/14 1:34 pm

Great job MSW!  You must be very small boned.  Size 12 looks like a size 8 on me, and I'm only 5'5"

I'm 4 years out, and about to undergo Phase Two of plastics for lower body skin reduction..INSURANCE PAYING!!!

Actually it is medically necessary, as I was getting recurrent cellulitis infections and other things, even though I used Betadine surgical scrub as shower gel, and dried and powdered every day!

It's not a lift, just skin excision.  I'm going to have to do the work of building my muscles to add more contouring!

Front inner thighs done 12/27/13, had a little bit of a healing issue (4 in*****ision separation) but everything is healed and dry now!

I have an appointment with the surgeon this coming Monday  (4/7/14)  to talk about  and schedule Phase Two!

Keep up the good work, girlie!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hypertrophic scarring
JazzyOne9254 · 0 replies · 777 views
5 years out!
idgett · 2 replies · 767 views
TVP protein
singdoremi · 0 replies · 872 views
Bariatric Regain :(
Lissa Strombelline · 0 replies · 1103 views