Where ya at?

Tracy B.
on 2/4/09 11:41 am - Flaherty, KY
So we are in our 9th month...YEA for us!!!

Just curious as to where everyone is as far as their goal is concerned.

Anyone having any problems/issues?

Anyone doing better than they expected?

For myself, I weighed 286 surgery day, now weigh 195. My surgeons goal is 160. So I have lost 91 lbs and have 35 left to go. I really didnt think I would be this far along.

Since the day of the surgery I havent had any problems, this has been so easy for me. I thought in the beginning it was going to be hard to deal with but I can honestly say it hasnt been difficult at all.

2nd best decision of my life...1st was saying yes to Frankie when he proposed (i am a newlywed)

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/09 4:28 am - Hagerstown, MD
Congratulations on your wedding!!!!

For me, from my last post, I'm still stalled  but you know I started my journey at 500 pounds and at surgery time I was 432 (required weightloss before surgery) and almost 9 months later I'm 284.  I feel great, the healthiest I have ever been.  I've lost 216 pounds since the beginning and I'm still 54 pounds from my Dr.'s goal so I still have some work ahead of me.  this last bit seems to not wanna come off LOL  But you know, this has been a tremendous success for me and the behavior modifications I had in place prior to surgery made this such a breeze for me.  *knocking on wood* have had no complications at all.
Tracy B.
on 2/5/09 11:23 am - Flaherty, KY
Thank you Aaron...we both felt like brand new people when we got married even though I had only lost about half of my goal. Frankie, my husband had RNY 2 years ago so he was at goal for about a year when we got married. We kid around with our friends that we used to be Fat and Fatter but now we're aiming for Ken & Barbie...lol

I hate to hear your still at your stall. Do you think there is anything you can change up to help this? Maybe when/what you are eating or with a different exercise routine? Im just thinking that maybe some sort of change will shock your body and wake it up. I know when I went thru some stalls, I would totally change my eating habits. I ate alot of soups or alot of salads (with protein of course) and it always seemed to do the trick. Maybe something to think about ya know?

Congratulations on this wonderful change you have went thru. For just 9 months...my lord!! You look GREAT!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/09 8:12 pm - Hagerstown, MD
awwwww....that is so cute!!!!  i'mr eally happy for you two :)

As for switching things up, I am trying to switch things up a little.  increasing my workouts and increasing my calorie intake......i don't think I've been getting in 1000 calories a day......I don't think I'm coming close to that.  I've also introduced more protein into my diet to see if that will work too....however it's only been a couple days since I've changed things so we'll see :)  thank you for that compliment!  You're looking awesome too hon :)
Tracy B.
on 2/6/09 11:09 am - Flaherty, KY
Thanks Aaron! Some of our friends say we are disgustingly pathetic...married people who get thinner;  just isn't supposed to happen...haha

I hope the change in your routine speeds things up for ya. Maybe upping the calories will do the trick for ya. I remember when Frankie went thru his big stall and his dr told him to divide his meals up...instead of 4oz for 3 meals, eat 2oz for 6 meals. That may be on option for ya too...All it really did was get his metabolism a little shake to wake it up. It kinda was getting used to the same 3 meals a day at the same time each day.
Whatever you do, I just hope it comes quickly, I know its gotta be frustrating.
:)

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/09 8:28 pm - Hagerstown, MD
Stall has been broken!  WOOHOO!!!!!  I've lost aobut 10 pounds in the last week!
SassyMomma
on 2/5/09 5:06 am - Hot Springs, AR
I will be 9 months out on the 20th. I went in to surgery at 326 pounds. There was no required pre-surgery weight loss. I wore a size 30 jeans and a 4X shirt. I now weigh 215 and wear a size 16 jeans and a XL shirt. My ultimate goal is 160 but ya know, if I never lose another pound I will be ok with that. I never once had this surgery to be skinny. I did it because I was being crushed by my own weight. It has been a wild ride. My labs are perfect. I don't take 10,000 pills a day. I take 2 mulitvitamins, 4 clacium and 1 sublingual B12. That is it. The only thing I hate about this is the constipation. But then again I had problems with that before surgery. So I can't say surgery caused it. I hope everyone is as happy with theirs as I am.

Tina

Tracy B.
on 2/5/09 11:30 am - Flaherty, KY
WOW Tina...how great is it to not have to take a horse load of pills and actually feel better than if you had taken them...I totally know what you mean. Sounds like your surgery has just done wonders for you...thats great!

I love the changes I see and feel everyday. Sometimes I do however take them for granted but I try to stop and realize that hey I can actually fit in this booth and about 9 months ago I had to suck it all in and be soooo uncomfortable. Or when I put my shoes on...Oh my God, I can actually tie my shoe!!!
Its those little things that 'skinny' people NEVER EVER had to worry about, that we thought about on a daily basis....funny huh?

Keep up the good work!!

Clirishu
on 2/5/09 11:53 pm - LA
It will be 9 months for me on the 13th and do feel like I have given birth to a new me!  I am down 192 lbs since surgery and I am currently at the weight I was at in middle school.  I can walk for hours without even needing to sit down.  I can get up off the floor without the need of furniture for leverage.  I fit in clothes from the local stores (Wal-Mart clothes rock!!!) I feel good about myself and my appearance.  I love to accessorize all of my outfits with matching jewelry.  I finally feel like I fit in with society.  As a friend of mine told me the other day - you are not special fat anymore, you are run of the mill fat girl in the store fat.  Now I know some of you would be so offended by that statement, but given that I started out circus fat, being run of the mill fat is such an accomplishment!
Tracy B.
on 2/6/09 11:13 am - Flaherty, KY
Isnt it funny how we start to acceosrize now and pay more attention to detail...all I wanted to do before was hide in what I was wearing.  And boy was my closet bland...almost all black! Now you should see all the colors...its like a rainbow in my closet!!

And no, you dont offend me with the fat comments...its the truth!!!  Im still laffing at the circus fat comment!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 473 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1432 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1249 views