10 months out...how are you doing?

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/09 2:10 am, edited 3/4/09 2:11 am - FL
Im down 133 and even though have been bed bound for 4 weeks, no walking routine obviously since my foot surgery and virtually no weight loss...I have lost 9 all of a sudden within the past 3 days after a big stall and fluctuation... I am now 1 measly pound from NORMAL BMI...YIPPEEEEEE 

How are you all doing??
Laurieostrom
on 3/4/09 7:36 am
hi there.  First time posting here, my surgery was May 20.  I started at 256, and im stalled at 159 right now....I feel good, and look good (from a size 24 to a size 10) but I haven't budged weight wise in 30 days.  I want to get to 140, so Im close,  but still technically "overweight" according to my BMI....

Oh,  and I wish I would get my hair back!!!!

Congratulations on your weight loss!  you've done great!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/09 12:25 am - FL

Thank you so much...Congrats to you ...the stalls are normal and YES...frustration...perhaps a good thing for our bodies to adjust and maintain...easy for me to tell someone else...but when it comes to myself I get upset too or impatient...go figure...in all reality we have done tremendously well and I am so grateful for my RNY and supportive DH who has always loved me for ME...even when I ballooned 100 pounds in a year from a medical condition that thankfully was diagnosed after so many years of being a baffling issue...

As far as my skin...it is getting worse...DH tells me it does not bother him and it is a result that the RNY worked... I am trying to not let it bother me and accept me for me and LOVE myself...see myself as God and others do and stop being so vain and self absorbed...way too focused on the trivial things when there is so many other things to do with my time and give to others!

Keep up the good work and I hope your hair comes back...I went through a 3 month period of tremendous loss but then it stopped...are you taking BIOTIN and enough protein?

Luck and  hugs

Heidi

Fallen_Angel
on 3/4/09 4:53 pm
My date was May 20 also. Wow has it gone fast. I have lost 125lbs so far and hope to keep going I have another 75lbs to loose until I reach my personal goal, 25 lbs until surgeons goal. The only thing I wish is I didn't have this HUGE over hanging flap it makes dressing so much harder because the clothing just doesn't fit right even with all the super glue and shapers LOL.  I am super happy my BMI went from 60 to 37 now that feels great!! I just bought my first bathing suit in years and I am excited to wear it to the pool next month on our mini vacation
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/09 12:28 am - FL

Good for YOU!  Thats wonderful...enjoy each day and where you are...

be patient with the skin issues...like I said it is proof your rny is working...and your skin isnt filled with the fat/weight...

I keep changing my goal...in beginning was 160...then 155...now it is 150....I am getting close to it also and weigh less then when my DH met me/married me...one goal was to weigh less then him and I reached that last week!

Keep up the good work and have fun on your vacation!

Clirishu
on 3/5/09 5:04 am - LA
I had my surgery May 13th and have lost 201 lbs.  I am where most people start out weight wise and would like to lose another 100 lbs, but if that doesn't happen I am ok with that as long as I can get rid of this big belly.  I am going to give it some time but if mother nature doesn't help in getting rid of it, I am going to rely on father science and see a plastic surgeon!
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/09 5:54 am - FL
  WTG...you must be so proud...I sure am...thats wonderful news.  Doesnt it feel good just to be able to get around easier and do things most people take for granted?

Keep us posted and continued success :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/09 6:32 am - Hagerstown, MD
Well after 10 months, I've lost 224 pounds and I'm finally UNDER a 40 BMI!!!!!!!!!  I'm doing well....the weight is coming off SUPER SLOW now and i can't wait until I level off.......I need plastics SO BAD  LOL  My goal was never to be a normal weight because i came from such a high place but man I can definitely say that I am the healthiest I have ever been even at 276 pounds.........I weigh less than what i did when I was a sophomore in high school!  it's nice to shop at Wal-mart for clothes and they are so freakin cheap LOL

I've lost 30 inches from my waist.....I've lost over 30 BMI points and I'm very happy about that.  means I'll be around much MUCH longer!

happy 10 month to everyone!
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/09 9:59 am - FL

You are doing fantastic!!   I have been noticing many others about our surgery date psot op slowing down...I think it is normal and have some more months for the weight to continue to drop as we continue to use our tool and make the right choices/do what we are supposed to be adhering too.

Thanks for sharing your success and keep us posted  :)

Heidi

Joyce_V
on 3/21/09 7:10 am - Brownsburg, IN
I had my surgery May 29th and am down 152 pounds.  My weight had really slowed down.  My primary care doctor had me start wearing compression hose because my legs swell so badly.  I started wearing them Wednesday and have lost 10 pounds since then!  I don't know if it is the stockings or the timing is a coincidence, but I will take it no matter what.  I have about another 70 pounds until I reach my doctor's goal.  I'm more than half-way.  Whooo-Hoooo.  I am so glad I had RNY and that I have not had major problems.  I've heard some scary stories.

Updated 07/30/09
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 475 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1434 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1252 views