Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/18 4:58 am
Topic: Hi May 2008 friends!

I just found the May 2008 forum been on OH only a year. How is everyone?

i find it is tougher trying to lose about 20 lbs. (was 15 but found 5 with Easter!)

I still consider myself a success but would love to lose this 20 lbs. and maintain it.

We are coming up on 10 years! Hard to believe.

What are your struggles or advice for the rest of us?

Best

Megan

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/4/16 5:35 am
Topic: RE: Constant Pee'ing!!! Anyone else?

Splenda and aspartame does that to me. Irritates the bladder.   Creates urgency.  Like I have to go. 

I was drinking (flat) diet soda ..and I realized that it caused issues for me. 

Plus - my IBS - if I have a flare - that affects the abdominal - pelvic muscles, and cause swelling .. That would affect the bladder.

Low magnesium and calcium - can cause more muscle contraction. 

Even if does not hurt - sometimes mild bladder infection may cause urgency... Check that if you can. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jeffrey B.
on 5/29/12 4:47 am - Sherwood, AR
Topic: RE: Happy 4 years
Congrats to you also.  I'm 6' 3" so your 74-79 loss (three years ago since I can't seem to find your current wieght), is much more signifact then When I lost my first 75lbs. 

However, not wanting to sound ungrateful, thank you for the complement.  I'm glad that someone else in the May 2008 group is still on Obesity Help and doing well.

SweetLynn2001
on 5/20/12 5:40 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 08/02/16
Topic: RE: Happy 4 years
Congrats on the hugh weight loss. Keep up the good work!
Jeffrey B.
on 5/14/12 6:51 am - Sherwood, AR
Topic: Happy 4 years

I can't believe it's been 4 years.  I hope things are going well for everyone else.  I got a pleasant surprise for our anniversary.  After going from obese III at 550 lbs down to 236 on Thursday, I am now just plain old over weight!! I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t “Obese"!

Jeffrey B.
on 5/14/12 6:40 am - Sherwood, AR
Topic: RE: Anyone else have reationship problems now???
I don't think it's that people actually 'Don't want us to get skinny or at least not skinnier than them".  I think that our weight loss reminds them of the fact that they need to lose weight.  Remember back when you were at your highest weight.  Did you like hearing that your friend lost 20, 40 or more lbs?  I sure didn't.  It made me feel fatter.  However, the opposite should apply.  People should be happy for your success, just like you are for them.  I was glad as my wife lost her weight.  Now that we are both losing weight, she should be happy for me also, even thought that is not always the case.
Jeffrey B.
on 5/14/12 6:39 am - Sherwood, AR
Jeffrey B.
on 5/14/12 6:39 am - Sherwood, AR
Jeffrey B.
on 4/26/12 6:38 am, edited 4/26/12 6:38 am - Sherwood, AR
Topic: RE: Anyone else have reationship problems now???
I have also had some issues along those lines. The worst it that it as caused my wife some depression. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells right now, because I'm only 10 lbs heaver then her (I started 200+ lbs heaver). Last week I accidentally put on a pair of her jeans, it about caused her to cry.

Mind you she has lost 60 lbs just by eating better, because I'm eating, but she just can't see it in herself.
Jeffrey B.
on 4/26/12 6:34 am - Sherwood, AR
Topic: RE: Three years post Op and now checking for a gallbladder problem
Sound just like me. I had to have mine out two months ago.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi May 2008 friends!
Happiness-is-a-choice · 0 replies · 474 views
Happy 4 years
Jeffrey B. · 2 replies · 1434 views
Happy 3 Years!
MotivatedOne · 0 replies · 1137 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 1251 views