Looking for a surgery buddy

Vanessa24
on 7/12/14 12:43 am

My surgery is schedule august 28th and I am having VSG. I would love to go through the process with someone else who is going through it at the same time. Anyone?

myangelbear77
on 7/24/14 2:19 am - Homestead, FL

I can not believe no one has replied! I am having a revision done on Aug 26. I had a VSG done in April of 2010 and then promptly broke the first rule for post surgery and got pregnant! Well 4 years later I have a healthy happy preschooler and a severe Hiatal Hernia that needs to be fixed. So doc is going to fix the Hernia and fix my sleeve that I destroyed during pregnancy. (I am still down 50 pounds from initial start weight but have a long way to go.) Hopefully I can help because I have experienced this once and will be doing it again! Best of luck to you on your journey!

Jaime

Vanessa24
on 7/26/14 10:57 am

Good luck to you. And congrats on your baby. Keep in touch.

evangelist
on 7/28/14 11:50 am - orlando, FL

Hi Jaime, I am new on OH, I'm very excited for you, I have also asked a question and had no reply. Blessings on your upcoming surgery and pray you lose lots of weight. I live in Orlando and I am looking for a surgeon that accepts Share of Cost Medicaid if you know of any doctors can you please assist thank you

DeafNatural
on 8/1/14 10:32 pm - Winter Haven
RNY on 08/06/14

Check out Dr. Robert Marema. He has an office in Saint Augustine and Orlando. I am having gastric bypass surgery with him on August 6th. 

Usbariatrics.com

High: 385 lbs     Start: 376 lbs           Current: 328.5 lbs.         Goal: 125 lbs

“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.”  -Steve Maraboli

vsgRob
on 8/2/14 12:39 am
VSG on 08/06/14

We are having surgery on the same day and the funny thing is, Dr. Marema was my first choice!  Unfortunately his office was considered out of network for my insurance, so I decided to go with East Coast Bariatrics(ECB) in Daytona Beach.  Dr. Marema's credentials are impeccable and I was not happy when I made the switch(I am definitely happy now though, ECB has been great).  

I just shot you a friend request.  I am having VSG but I would like to compare notes with you on here if that is okay.  

DeafNatural
on 8/2/14 2:28 am - Winter Haven
RNY on 08/06/14

Dr.Sebastien right? You're in good hands. I had looked into him years ago when I first thought about surgery and I lived in the area. I was raised in Daytona Beach.

I am looking forward to Wednesday and wouldn't mind comparing notes. My mom wants to have the VSG so I'll be able to tell her about it.

High: 385 lbs     Start: 376 lbs           Current: 328.5 lbs.         Goal: 125 lbs

“The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.”  -Steve Maraboli

samhain
on 7/28/14 3:34 am

Hi! I'm having an RNY on 8/18. I'll gladly be your surgery buddy!

-Samantha

Kikibloom
on 7/30/14 10:39 am - Dorchester Center, MA

Hello,

im having the sleeve done on August 26th. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I have a million scenarios going through my head right now, what about you?

tawbattle
on 7/31/14 12:39 pm
RNY on 08/26/14

You and I are having WLS on the same day. I'm having gastric bypass and my emotions are all over the place. I'm excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time.  I think it's normal in some ways though.

Best of luck to you in your WLS journey!

Most Active
Recent Topics
9-10 months out
bigabeeb · 0 replies · 422 views
surgery 9/23/14......ahhhhh
planetswifey · 0 replies · 383 views
First week Post op
xoLisaMacxo · 3 replies · 607 views
Worried
carebear14 · 9 replies · 1022 views