Surgery in 2 days, new to forum.

lorilll
on 9/29/09 3:52 am
Hello everyone, just dropping a quick line.  I'm new to the forum.  Found it when I was trying to figure out what to bring to the hospital and how quickly I would be "taking care of my kids" after wards. 
The big day is 2 days away... I'm so nervously excited.  I was great to read through some of your encouraging posts.  Anyone have any advise for the hospital or yummy shake recipes for when I come home?

Thanks, Lori
peggy1011
on 9/29/09 5:00 am - Whitesboro, NY
Revision on 09/08/09 with
Hi Lori, and welcome!
Congrats on your upcoming surgery.  I just had mine 3 weeks ago today and I feel absolutely fine.  The only thing i brought to the hospital were my own pj's and robe.  I couldnt wait to get out of that hospital gown.  Plus I knew I'd be strolling and strolling the halls to get things moving and avoid complications, and I wanted to feel more like "me" and less like a "patient".   I also brought my book I was reading at the time, but the meds made my eyes too fuzzy to read.  
As far as shakes once I got home, I stayed with Atkins EAS shakes.   I've moved on to soft foods now, so no more shakes.
Best of luck, and let us know when you get back home and join us on the "losers bench"!

Peggy

ccreider
on 9/30/09 12:29 am - Bartow, FL
My surgery is now 2 days away.  I was suppose to have had it last Friday but i forgot to get the pill to prevent you from throwing up so he canceled my surgery now it is scheduled for this Friday.  i have been drinking the Chike for about 3 weeks now and it is pretty good it tastes like carnation instant breakfast drink to me and you can mix flavors together.

Cheryl
ccreider    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 932 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1229 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1784 views