Progress

kearstyn
on 3/20/10 12:49 am - Wilton, IA
Hello all you September RNYers!!!  I was just wondering what eveyones progress is....  So far I am down around 80lbs but that is including the 11 I lost before surgery so total surgery loss is 69lbs.  I have been at a stall for 5 weeks now.  My scale is not going down but at least its not going up!!  Sometimes I think its stuck because it likes that number. lol... I have not had any complications so far and can eat anything I want...literaly!  Sometimes it scares me because I dont get the dumping syndrome.  I eat anywhere from 6-7 oz a meal and I get in all my protein.  Im not very good with water and I know I need to change that.  Maybe that will help with this stall???  Hope everyone is doing good!
Kearstyn         
Kristijones81
on 3/20/10 1:00 am - Tampa, FL
 My surgery was 9/30/09 and am down 70lbs, not including pre-surg weight loss. I only weigh myself once a week or sometimes every other week, so that amount is as of last sunday. I too can eat just about anything I want, with one major exception... steak. Which totally sucks, because before WLS I loved steak. It gets stuck so bad, and I am in so much pain if I eat it, so I don't eat it. Shrimp and chicken are what I eat the most. I haven't had any dumping either. I can still only eat 4-6 oz, which makes me happy, because I am terrified to stretch my pouch. Its awesome that you get in all your protein. Are you taking any protein supplements? Congrats to you. 

CAnutfarmer
on 4/2/10 9:46 am
My surgery was Sep 25th. So far I have lost around 72 lbs...I say around because I'm hovering between 174-176 lbs and have been here for the past 4 weeks. I can eat anything I'm suppose to including all meats, veges, and fruit. I haven't tried anything with more than 10 grams of sugar or fat in it and when I've had things with around 7 grams I can only eat a small amount cause it hurts my pouch....which is a good thing. I think I probably eat around 6-7 oz a meal too. My only concern for my stall is that I'm snacking between my meals. Even though it's healthy...still extra calories. Overall I'm feeling really great so that's what I try and focus on. It looks like a lot of u**** a major stall around this time. My surgeon says don'****ch the scale. Pay attention to how our clothes are fitting and even though I haven't lost any weight in the last month, my clothes are looser. Take care and hope to hear from you all again.....sherrie

HW 254 SW 247 CW 162 GW 145  

First 5K                                        37:48
First Trail 1/2 Marathon            3hr 30min
First Regular 1/2 Marathon     3hr 7min
1/2 Marathon 5/20/12               3hr 6min
soshy10
on 4/19/10 7:28 am
My WLS was 9/18/09.  I started out at 268 and I have currently lost 89 lbs and down to 179.  I have been at a stall for a couple of weeks and its so hard.  I know you are not supposed to weigh youself everyday but I can't help it.  I need to see that scale move!  I can eat 6-7 oz a meal and I also get in all my protein.  I try to drink 3-4 16.9 bottles of water.  I am sure I can get in more but thats all I seem to get in daily.  I have been tracking my food on my ipod with a program called Lose it!.  It seems to work very well.. although I have just recently notcied I have been eating way to many carbs.  I need to cut it back.......way back.  I think this is what is causing my stall.  I have not had any dumping and no complications so I am very thankful for that. I am also working out with Jazzercise 1-2 hrs a day.  It is a blast.   I am always looking for new friends that have around the same WLS date so please feel fee to befriend me. 

francesdagrt
on 8/4/10 4:55 pm - Sylmar, CA
Hello!   I was just reading your comment and noticed we had surgery with the same doctor.  I had my surgery on 9/1/09.  Everything is going well with me.  I am at my goal. I started at 210 and am now at 119  I am a short person 5'1"    I probably could lose a few more pounds but am happy with where I'm at.  I really haven't had any complications.  And thankful as well.  I can eat pretty much anythihg.  Thank god for Dr. Quilicy.  
SwillaZ
on 4/24/10 11:31 pm
Hello fellow September RNYers!  I haven't felt this good in years!  So far, I'm down around 88 pounds including pre-surgery weight!  Feel super!  I have stalls, then I up the protein and start exercise more, then it starts to move again!

We went to Paris for my 50th birthday this month and I truly believe that I would never have been able to walk to the top of Notre Dame (to see the bell) if it was the same time lst year!  No way!  I actually lost 3 pounds walking...

I always get in the vitamins, protein is sometimes deficient, but I try hard everyday to stay on track.  I know I don't drink enough water and the exercise is intermittant.  Really trying not to go back to bad habits.  This is truly a test of endurance - for a lifetime!  Love to go shopping now - size 16!  Haven't been there in years :-)

Hope you all are well - Good luck with your journies~

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.  I may not reach them,
   but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they   
   lead."   Louisa May Alcott      
mommaf
on 4/30/10 6:44 am, edited 4/30/10 6:46 am
 If I had only know how easy this was going to be, I would have had it done much sooner!  I haven't had any problems, and have lost over 50 lbs so far!  I was 218 the day of surgery, but previous to that I was almost 230.  I eat just about anything I want.  The only difference is that I now am full much sooner!  i haven't had any dumping either.   I get all my protein in easily enough, but I, too, have trouble drinking that much liquid.  But I never was much of a  drinker.    I only have 33 lbs to go until I reach my goal.  I was stalled the entire month of February and March, but this month I have lost almost 10 lbs!   i'm hoping it continues.   This  surgery is one of the few things I've ever really done for myself.  I seemed to always be a mom or a wife before.  I'm just so thankful that I took the time and trouble to do this surgery for myself.  i haven't regretted a moment.

Susan G.
on 5/2/10 12:05 pm
Hi, I had my RNY on Sept.2 I was 255 the day of surgery down from my highest of 335. Today I hover around 175. The stalls are very annoying, I guess it's just something that we have to live with. I'm pretty good at getting my protein in and still working on getting all the liquids, how do you all do it? I just had my new tread mill delivered yesterday so am looking forward to using that along with the other machines I have. I am so happy I did this just wish I'd done it sooner!
Sue G.            
dlo2
on 5/5/10 2:01 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hello All,  I had my surgery on Sept. 8, 2009 I am down between75 and 77 lbs.  I weigh 161-163 depending on the day.  I have only lost 2 to 4 lbs since april 8th.  I was glad to hear others are stalling at this time frame.  Not that I want any of you to stall because I know it stinks.  I am able to eat between 6 and 8 oz of food.  I struggle to get in all my protien, I usually get at least 50 grams but aim for 80.  I do pretty good at getting in my fluids.  I started walking about a month ago to try to get things moving again.  I walk any where from 2 to three miles at least 3 times a week.  My goal is to walk 5 mile every day.  I keep thinking I am doing something wrong and that I won't loose any more.  I know I am eating to many carbs and am making a conscious effort to cut way back.  So far I don't dumb.  I am glad I don't dump even though it would help me stay away from sugar.  I have not had any complications but I am still learning what I can and cannot eat.  I have to stay away from shrimp because both times I tried it, it got stuck.  I am having a harder time telling when I am full and this worries me because the other night after dinner I was stuffed.  I don't want to stretch my pouch.  I am 55 years old and so glad I had this surgery.  I feel so much better both physically and emotionally.  I just hope I am able to meet my goal of 135.  Good luck to everyone.  I love this board.  It is nice to talk to people who had surgery around the same time.

* Gail R *
on 5/6/10 11:39 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Hi September surgery folks. I had the DS on 9/9/9 and am down around 95 pounds. This has been the easiest and best thing I have ever done for myself. My HBP , diabetes and kidney diease have turned around. I feel wonderful. It is like I never had surgery but I keep losing wieght. (Slowly now). I now can wear my daughter's clothing and can do so much more with my life.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 931 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1227 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1781 views