grrrr not so good Thursday

Blessed B
on 10/9/08 11:49 am

My day started out pretty good then went to crap. I really had a breakthrough on my ride home today. I thought about what happened a little after lunch today. Here's what happened: a)we celebrate birthdays at work and all of us pitch in money to the birthday fund to buy a giant cake and ice cream for about 20 of us. b)today happened to be one of those days where we celebrated.c)white cake with rasberry filling/chocolate frosting and vanilla/orange sherbert.d)after the happy birthday song, cake was cut.e)I was offered a piece of cake and ice cream and I said no thank you....a piece/ice cream were slid in front of me anyway. f)I ate it without even thinking about it...auto pilot and just shoveled it in. On the ride home I thought about what happened. I'm more important than a piece of cake and ice cream and maybe that's what I need to tell myself each time I'm faced with this type of situation..even when I have folks who are food pushers. Food pushers don't have your best interests at heart. And I thought to myself this is no different than a person who has a serious addiction to drugs or alcohol. You have the one thing that you are addicted to and always someone offering it to ya..or you just fall completly off the wagon and give in to it all. So perhaps if I can just stop for a moment and really think about things instead of auto piloting it that I can stay away from the crap and grazing or snacking. SORRY SO LONG!!!
Anyways, back to my accountability for today:
Breakfast: 2 Morning Star Farms soy sausages
Driving to work: 12 oz coffee with s/f syrup
At work:             24 oz water with s/f ocean spray drink mix cranapple
Lunch:               1 Morning Star Farm brown rice pattie/slice of
                          low fat cheese
THEN...               :(   slice of cake with ice cream
Dinner:               1 cup fat free progresso southwestern vegetable 
                           soup/piece of low fat cheese/3 crackers
Snack:                none

Vitamins:           all taken

Exercise:        close to 18,000 steps on the pedometer/40 minutes on
                     bike/25 situps/15 pushups

As for tomorrow.....tomorrow is another day!

Taking one day at a time.

gail1957
on 10/15/08 3:58 am - Frankfort, KY
I know what you mean, I also work with a group that loves to eat. It seems we are celebrating someone's birthday every week. We don't just have cake, we have the big fattening meal to go with it. I try to avoid the eating part as much as possible but it is so hard to just say no. Temptation is lurking around every corner. Take care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 706 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1053 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 807 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1013 views