5 year aniversary!!!

Jane C.
on 10/18/10 5:48 am - Florence, KY

It's been 5 years as of yesterday!.  I am still very happy that I had the surgery.  I have kept off 100lbs of the 160 I lost.  It feels great to look at my weight and only want to lose 40LBS.  That is so doable.  No longer do I feel hopeless and a total failure.  I just feel NORMAL

ON 10/17/05  I LANDED ON OZ NEVER GOING BACK UP IN THE DAMN
TORNADO AGAIN.   BEWARE OF THE WITCHES!
putter4
on 10/19/10 11:33 pm - Charles City, IA

Today is 5 years since I had the surgery.  I am still feeling great.  I have gained some of it back, but I am still very happy.  I find myself remembering the "old me" and it brings tears to my eyes.  I love the new me and my life shows it.  I do want to get "back on the wagon" of weight loss.  I would like to loose maybe 30 pounds.  Its been so long since I have spoke to anyone about any NEW ideas or ways to get back on track.  I am so open for suggestions.  Thanks guys!!!

Jane C.
on 10/20/10 8:21 am - Florence, KY

Well congrats back to you.  Glad you also have done well.  I don't think there is anything NEW out there for us to try.  My biggest thing is making better choices and exercising, which is just an ugly way of saying, get up and move. That is the route I am taking.  My biggest problem is I am drinking diet Mt Dew again.  I swear that stuff makes me crave and eat junk so I am trying to get off the Dew.  To me that is my biggest addiction.  Good luck and lets keep the weight loss discussion going.  I think I lost better when I was on line checking in.  It's funny once you get active you get away from just sitting at the computer, that is what happened to me.

Best of Luck

putter4
on 10/20/10 11:37 pm - Charles City, IA
Thanks for your encouragement.  My weakness believe it or not are saltine crackers.  I can eat them all the time.  THAT is crazy.  I may have a diet pop once in a great while,but I drink coffee and bottled water.  I do crave sweets too.  But I still have to be careful because sugars kill me yet.  I guess I should be honest... I don't exercise like I should either!!!  I am no a jogger, I don't go to the gym.  But I do need to walk.  Lets make a pack (sp).  Lets work on exercise and see where it takes us.  Good luck.
gail1957
on 10/20/10 12:46 am - Frankfort, KY
Happy anniversary, it has also been five years for me also. I have lost a total of 140 pounds and am doing great. The only problem I am having is with my skin. It seems to be very thin and just the least little scrap causes it to bleed. Anyone else having this problem?
Jane C.
on 10/20/10 8:27 am - Florence, KY
Glad to hear from you Gail.  The skin issue for me is such a huge problem.  I wear so much compression garmets that keeps everything so tight to my  skin.  I can't stand to see it hang but that is how I deal with it.  Surgery has never been in my plan since mine would be selfpay but you know it is a constant reminder where I was but I hate carring around that much skin.

Good luck!!!
Blessed B
on 10/28/10 12:26 pm
Happy Belated 5 year Anniversary 
Hard to believe we are at that 5 year mark. You should be proud of keeping those 100lbs off!! Way to go!!!! I wonder what has happened to the rest of us who have started out together on this journey?!

I hit my 5 year mark too. I'm still trying to get off the 17lbs I've gained over the years. I never should have introduced the evil "S'' (sugar) back into my diet...boooo.

Take care Jane!!

Taking one day at a time.

Jane C.
on 10/29/10 6:19 am - Florence, KY
I know I too wonder.  I went back and read all my old post and re read all my blogs.  This has been the only place that I have written about my journey.  Last year for Christmas my sister printed my journal or blogs.  I just hope and pray everyone is healthy and happy.  
Congrats on your success.  WOW only 17 lbs.  That is awsome

Take Care
Jane 
Dixiegirl NC
on 12/9/10 7:55 am - ROXBORO, NC
Hey ya'll!

I know this is a bit late, but I haven't been on this site in MONTHS!  I'm glad to see that some of you still frequent this board.  Congrats to everyone for hitting our 5 year mark! :o)

I have kept off 100 of my 130 lbs lost.  Most of that 30 lb. gain was during this past summer!  I feel so out of control lately.  I constantly think about food, sneak snacks when I can, drink carbonated drinks and beer as well as wine.  I've slowed my alcohol content right much since summer but I love a good glass of wine while fixing dinner at night. 

I think first of the year I'm going to contact an eating disorder doctor, or at least see if my emotional problem is severe enough for additional medical assistance.  I didn't go to my 5 year WLS doctor appointment because my insurance is completely rediculous in charging me almost $1,000 for the visit and bloodwork.  They did this with my 4th year anniversary appointment.  I had my primary doctor do the same bloodwork during my physical and all of my results were normal.  I still take my recommended vitamins MOST of the time (I tend to slack off on the weekends).  My blood sugar and my cholesterol readings are still in great shape. 

I have slacked off on exercise as well.  I have a desk job and try to move around or stand when possible, but I know that's not enough.  I garden right much in the summer, but my doctor says I need to do more aerobic exercise to raise my heart rate.  Easier said than done.

Of all the "diets" I have tried since surgery, I find that the South Beach plan is easiest to stick to.  Now that the holidays are here, that's virtually impossible!  Lately, it's one party after another!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and I'm wishing everyone the best for 2011!

Happy thoughts to you all,
Lori
Michelle M
on 1/23/11 3:14 am - Kapaa, HI
It has been over 6 years for me now, I gained back 20 but with determination I lost 10 of the 20 so I feel pretty good about myself.  I did get real nervous when I slowly gained the 20 but now I know that I can do it as long as I don't let it get out of hand. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 705 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1045 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 804 views
Just celebrated 6 years!
smilesarepriceless · 1 replies · 1009 views