Recent Posts

Blessed B
on 10/13/14 3:19 am
Topic: 9 Years ago today

Today I celebrate my 9 years since my surgery. Have I been perfect on this journey? No. Have I gained weight? Yes. I reached as high as 211 in January of 2014 but lost down to 187. Do I consider myself to be successful? Yes. As of right now, I have kept off 78lbs of my weight. My weight the day of my surgery was 265 lbs. I continue to struggle with sugar. That is my worst enemy and that is what I pinpoint as the cause of weight gain. Once I began following the rules of the pouch again, the weight began to come off. To the people who still criticize me for my choice, I tell them this: This has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through and there has not been one step in my journey that has been easy. This decision has saved my life. As of today, I celebrated by taking my dogs to the park  for an hour and walked, ran, and played with them. I then came home and did my Focus 25 workout (where I can almost do the non modifier), did 20 minutes on my Eliptical. I feel like I am in the best shape of my life. Compared to 2005, where I had to wear a heart monitor to monitor my heart when I walked because my doctor was afraid I would have a heart attack. I am no longer on 4 different Diabetic Drugs for my Diabetes. I am on one because I allowed that 211 lbs to come back. At 187, my Diabetes is controlled and I run a close to normal A1c. I find it still hard to do this without support but I tell you what, you have to find it in yourself to thrive and find what works for you. If you have gained a lot of weight, don't be embarrassed just use it as a learning experience and don't be afraid to get back on track. I hope this finds everyone doing well!  

Taking one day at a time.

Monica757
on 11/16/12 9:35 am - VA
Topic: RE: failing

I understand your frustration. I had wls in Oct of 2005 too and I have gained all my weight back and some additional weight as well. Right now I am heavier than before wls. I made an appointment to see my surgeon and will hopefully get a revision. What I am doing is going back to the basics just like post surgery and trying to jump start that way. I pray you get the jump start you need.

Blessings,

Monica757

Jane C.
on 10/17/12 7:59 am - Florence, KY
Topic: 7 YEARS AGO
WELL IT HAS BEEN 7 YEARS SINCE MY SURGERY. I AM SO GREATFUL. HAS IT BEEN EASY? HELL NO. I WANT TO SCREAM TO THE WORLD THIS WAS BY NO MEANS A CURE. YOU HEAR THE PHRASE ALL THE TIME, "IT IS JUST A TOOL", AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. ALSO IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR TOOL IT STILL WORKS AFTER 7 WONDERFUL YEARS. I AM SO SORRY FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT FEEL THE SURGERY FAILED BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT EDUCATION BEFORE HAND, FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS, SEEING A PSYCHIATRIST AND HAVING SUPPORT MAKE THIS SURGERY A SUCCESS. I THINK BEING BULLHEADED ALSO HELPS. I HAD SO MANY PEOPLE NOT WANTING ME TO DO THIS BECAUSE THEY WERE SO LOVING AND THEY WANTED ONLY THE BEST FOR ME. YES THE SURGERY IS VERY DANGEROUS BUT DYING WAS NOT AN OPTION AND THAT WAS WERE I WAS GOING TO BE IF I DIDN'T DO THIS.

THROUGH THIS JOURNEY THAT CHANGED MY LIFE I AM SO GREATFUL FOR MY LOVING, BEAUTIFUL 2 SISTERS WHO ALSO HAD THE SURGERY BUT WHO WERE MY BIGGEST CHEERLEADERS EVER. MY HUSBAND AND MY GIRLS WERE TERRIFIC. I WENT TO WORK TODAY AND TOOK A PICTURE AND SHARED THAT TODAY WAS MY ANIVERSARY. ALMOST EVERYONE SAID, "I DON'T EVER REMEMBER YOU BEING THAT BIG". THAT STATEMENT BRINGS ME TO THE SAYING I HAVE ALWAYS SAID.
AT 311 POUNDS I WAS HUGE BUT I WAS INVISABLE. I AM NO LONGER INVISABLE. I AM ALIVE, ACTIVE, 52 YEARS OLD. I AM HAPPY WITH MY WEIGHT, MY CLOTHES BUT MORE THAN ANYTHING, I LOVE MYSELF.
Be the first to leave a comment.

Browse pages: next > attachWmode();
ON 10/17/05  I LANDED ON OZ NEVER GOING BACK UP IN THE DAMN
TORNADO AGAIN.   BEWARE OF THE WITCHES!
sharonleanne
on 10/7/12 4:05 pm
Topic: 7 years
7 years wow where did time go? How is everyone doing.....I'm doing great just recovering from inverted t tummy tuck....had a few setbacks but I will get there I just know it.
Blessed B
on 4/9/12 9:56 am
Dixiegirl NC
on 3/31/12 1:48 am - ROXBORO, NC
Topic: Where are you in your journey? 6 1/2 years later...
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well.  I haven't been on here in a couple of years.  My, how time flies! 

Update on me ~
Surgery Date: 10/6/05
Original weight: 282
Lowest weight: 147
Current weight: 180 on 3/31/12 - up 33 lbs from my lowest weight
Primary reason for weight gain:  Grazing, lack of exercise, alcohol consumption

I'd like to hear from others to see your update and to see how you are dealing with things now.  How can we get back on track?  Are you happy, depressed, satisfied with life?

Any feedback is welcomed.

Lori

Jane C.
on 10/17/11 10:38 am - Florence, KY
Topic: RE: Just celebrated 6 years!
Congrats, your pictures are wonderful and your success is fantastic.  I jumped on here too, just to see if anyone still post.  Today was my 6 year.  I am still down 130lbs.  I am now 51 and the surgery saved my life.  I had a gain of 30lbs but that was ok.  I am forever grateful for making this decision.  
Today was a wonderful day!!!! 
ON 10/17/05  I LANDED ON OZ NEVER GOING BACK UP IN THE DAMN
TORNADO AGAIN.   BEWARE OF THE WITCHES!
smilesarepriceless
on 10/5/11 2:34 pm - Clarksville, TN
Topic: Just celebrated 6 years!
Hello,

I hope all are well that still visit OH! I admit, that I am not on here much at all, but I do refer people that I speak to or run into that have questions about WLS to OH as a wonderful resource that is a FOUNTAIN of information!

Here are just a few photos to share...from the times :)

http://pricelesslifeforless.wordpress.com/
Some more info. on my blog -

HUGS ALL ;)

Heather H.

Blessed B
on 9/9/11 2:20 am
Jennifer T.
on 8/26/11 7:23 am - Bellingham, WA
Topic: RE: 5 year aniversary!!!

Well I finally was able to open the bags in the closet. Unfortunately because I'm now 180 even they were too big. Phentermine was definately the key for me. It brought me back to what the pouch did at the beginning and that was not so much the size of the pouch but the physicaly just not being hungery.

I'm 4 pounds below my lowest before starting to gain again. I'm now getting the information ready to have insurance cover PS., extended TT, inner thighs and possibly breast reduction (surgeon said it's exactly like a lift only he would take more off the sides to make up the needed weight for the insurance company.) He can then throw some quick stapels in and start the clock for self pay small gummy bear implants. I can't wait.

Unfortunately my husband and I aren't doing as well. I don't have to do the "I like what you like" game anymore because i was scared nobody would ever want me. Not his fault but we just don't have the same interests anymore. I've found that I'm actually a very outgoing person!!! Who knew?? It's weird to feel like you can try and do new things without people looking at you as the "fat chick". I know a lot of it was in my mind but it's the way I felt. Just because he wants to stay home every weekend doesn't mean I want to. I invite him but I'm not staying just because he doesn't want to go. We'll see, I hope we can come to some kind of compromise because we just celebrated (well non-celebrated) our 20th anniversary....

Jen Taylor
RNY Oct 26, 2005
1 oz. pouch w/100 cm bypassed
300/184/215/150

Most Active
Recent Topics
9 Years ago today
Blessed B · 0 replies · 705 views
7 YEARS AGO
Jane C. · 0 replies · 1045 views
7 years
sharonleanne · 0 replies · 804 views