Still losing??

Anaday
on 1/13/09 9:38 am - Stockton, CA
So its been well over a year and I am still losing. I am not complaining at all but wondering if this is normal. I have not yet had my 1 year post op appointment, due to work and a very busy doctors office my appointments have been rescheduled several times, so I have not yet been able to discuss this with my dr.
I started out at 311 and am down to 145, just lost 2 more lbs this last week. When should I expect to level off and should I expect to go back up a bit before I do? 
kypenguin
on 1/18/09 4:08 am - Perrysburg, OH

I don't think there's a set time that you'll stop losing.  The majority of the weight loss will be in the first 12 months, but I've heard you can continue to see drastic weight loss up to 18 months.  I do beleive our bodies know when we are at a comfortable weight and will become stalled at that.  Its then up to us to either  work harder at losing more (if needed) or learn to maintain.

If you can't get to the dr soon, can you at least call and speak with the NUT and make sure your intake is correct?  Especially if you are working out and burning calories.  You may need to increase your daily intake, to include more meaningful calories.

Also, where does 145 put you in your BMI range?  As long as its not below normal, you should be fine.  My surgeon wouldn't give a goal weight, he just said between 178-158, which is the normal range for me (I'm almost 6 ft tall), so don't always focus on the weight you've lost to determine if things are going good or bad.

~jenny

Anaday
on 1/20/09 1:06 am - Stockton, CA
Thanks so much Jenny. I actually finally got in to see the PA last friday and she told me that all my labs look great but to increase my protein a bit to help level off if I was ready to stop. She also told me that when I go to the gym to focus more on working with the weights and not as much cardio. Basically she believes my metabolisim has kicked in to high gear now but since my BMI is just at 21 and an unhealthy BMI for me would be more like 18-19 I am ok its just more a matter of how comfortable I am.
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 866 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 871 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1488 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1003 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1062 views