what happe to everyone

Janet H.
on 7/5/10 10:15 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Well hope everyone is doing good, I have been gaining weight and can not stop it, last check I was 191 up from 165, I need to get my life back on track. so how is everyone doing, has anyone else gaining back some of the weight? my biggest problem is that I do not have any problem with eating sugar, I love sweets and just can not leave them alone, this is why I got fat to start with, and carbs omg the carbs just keep coming.
I need to get back on the wagon. how are you?

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

Phyllis M.
on 8/15/10 8:37 am - Irving, TX
Hi Janet -   WEll - I don't experiment much on the OH  site..but found the Oct 2007 boards

I too am SLOWLY gaining weight and NOT HAPPY WITH MYSELF.   I don't have a problem with sugar, but I do get sleepy -  OH BOY _  DO I get sleepy - its like a sleep coma for 30 min and then I'm fine......

I too am having a problem with the gotta have it at the office scenario.....if vendors bring it in - finidng it hard to say no  - no matter if I"m "hungry" or not..........I'm finding that if I just have it or want it - I consume it.........  I want that feeling back of "food fear" that I had early on !!   OH those were the days..

My weight you ask?  I got down from 338 to 199........now - 220...............am maintaining that for several months...............my counselor states that only gained 21 lbs in 3 years isn't that bad...so I'm doing something right...............I started seeing a life coach counselor last week cuz I am NOT going back to where I started...........

YOu are more than welcome to come over to the TX RNY board if you'd like. WE have several regular daily threads on accountability and if you have questions to get back on track - just decide that is what you do.........get loaded up on the proteins and good foods, plan, track and be prepared.............I"m not one to be preaching here...............but think about the 5 day pouch test to start over.....    www.5daypouchtest.com 

Good luck.......
  • Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Janet H.
on 9/26/10 8:57 pm - Golden Valley, AZ

Thank you for the invite, this  morning I was 205, I hate this, I can not stay away from the food, I was thinking about see someone about getting some help with my eating problem, or should I say lack of eating problems.
I went and looked at all of  my winter clothes, dang I have a lot of clothes too back most will not fit me, I am back to wearing sweats, I refuse to by bigger size, so sweats it is when home..
I  believe that I need some kind of support where I am held accountable for my weight. the scale and I are no longer friends. I miss the days when I was looking forward to getting on it as the weight was fall away. I am making a plan and going to stick with it. No more sugar, carbs more veggies and protein.
good luck to you. hope to talk to you and others in the same boat.

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

Tanya G.
on 9/26/10 2:53 pm - Saskatoon SK, Canada
I too am struggling with weight gain. I have gained 50 pounds in about 18
Months. I M still down 75 but I M not happy to be out of control and gaining.I Iost for a solid year aNd then plateaued for about 6 months and then started gaining.I definitely am eating more and snacking lots . I almost don't feeling I had surgery.I need help I am seeing my doc and dietician tomorrow for a check up and am hopeful but am dreading their disapproval . I hope they don't think I can just go home
E without somehelp becausewill power has never worked for me in the past. I am going to try the 5 day pouch test. Any support is appreciated! Thanks

Gonna Be Skinny, AKA Tanya G

Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 866 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 871 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1489 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1004 views
4 year anniversary!!!