5 Years!!!

Kathie L.
on 9/25/12 1:09 am - Castaic, CA
Hello fellow October 2007 wonderful people who celebrate with me.

I'm still maintaining my 100+ loss and have never felt so well. My feritin level was a little low so I began taking additional ferosol. Life is definitely the best it's ever been. I keep my weight between 150-155 (I'm 5'8"). I I ever go beyond the 155 I go back to drinking protein shakes for a week or two and drop those pesty couple of pounds (usually after vacation or holidays).

Hope you're all doing well and wishing you all continued success.

Happy surgerverserary.

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
micheleladendorf
on 1/11/13 11:49 am

congrats! what is your vitamin regimine? how much protein do you take a day to stay so well? im 5 1/2 years in and have done well up until last july. (you can look up my posts) glad to hear youre doing so well, if you have any secrets other than dropping the weight...please post! when you go on shakes, do you eat as well to drop 5 lbs? i have about 7 lbs. i need to get back to my goal weight.

Kathie L.
on 1/13/13 1:43 am - Castaic, CA

Hi Michael,

My vitamin regime hasn't changed in the past 5 years:

2 - chewable children's multivitamin

1 B-12 (500 mcg) sublingual

1 biotin 5000 mcg

1 stool softener

(new this past year) 1 ferrous gluconate- high potency iron supplement

I take all the above in the morning, although the 2nd chewable multivitamin I take mid-morning.

3 - calcium citrate+D (630 mg ea) taken in afternoon, dinner, evening

My blood levels are great except for the feriton which may be attributed to my being a regular blood donor.

I walk every morning without exception and use 8-lb weights at the end of the day for my arms. If I see my weight creeping a couple of pounds I cut back immediately and don't allow it over a certain weight. I'm 5'8" and my ideal weight is 155. I have not let it go past 160 ever and if it goes below 153 I eat a little more to bring it to my target (almost like a normal person).

You're doing great. Congrats to you as well!!!

micheleladendorf
on 1/13/13 7:18 am

do you have problems with constipation? i never have since my surgery but since july, when i crashed, ive had it pretty severly. im working with my dr on it. how many bm's do you have per day 5 years out? i know it depends on what we eat, but generally. everything that was once normal as a ds'er is now flipped around. great people on here giving me great advise. woot on the excercise..i have never been an exerciser! how often do you get your labs drawn? do you work with your surgeon or your primary care dr.? just a few questions...thanks ::)

Kathie L.
on 1/13/13 8:08 am - Castaic, CA

No problems with constipation - typically one bm in morning after walking (I sometimes am envious of dogs who don't need to wait to get home). Due to protein of about 60 g. daily my stools can get rather hard which is reason for the softener. I think of everything since my surgery that I really hate is that I am much more gassy than ever before. I hate this and I'm not sure if it is because of my WLS, the substitute sweetener I consume quite regularly, or because I'm just getting old.

I only see my primary surgeon and gets labs done annually. I haven't seen my surgeon since my first year. I struggled with weight loss/gain my entire life but now can actually eat a bit more (about 1800 calories/day) without gaining. This is a first for me since before WLS I gained if I ate that much. It's all good.... actually GREAT! I told my husband this morning that I've never been as happy as this my entire life.

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Most Active
Recent Topics
6+ years out...
Amg563 · 2 replies · 865 views
6 years Post Op
girlsmile45 · 0 replies · 871 views
5 Years!!!
Kathie L. · 4 replies · 1488 views
My Date
canadianlady · 0 replies · 1002 views
4 year anniversary!!!
MzRaina · 1 replies · 1062 views