Recent Posts

Amy W.
on 6/15/13 10:17 am - Buckeye, AZ
Topic: RE: Helloooooooooo out there!

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at 165 for years and wanted to lose more weight. I started exercising/jogging for the first time ever and eating a LOT of protein. I also stopped drinking Pepsi. Right away I gained 10 pounds! My friend said it obviously has to be muscle, but now I just feel like crap about it and don't where to go from there. Oh yeah, and within the last year my loose skin is getting so much worse! UuUhHgGg ... I'm so blah...

Oh yeah, and my vitamin D is really low so I'm ordering the 50,000iu from Amazon to see if that'll help. I lost my insurance 2 weeks ago but will go to the doctor again in a few months to get my VitD levels tested again.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Sphinxy
on 3/27/13 7:17 am - Redlands, CA
Topic: Helloooooooooo out there!

We are cruising up to nine years post-op! Amazing! Hope you are all doing well?

Moma V.
on 2/20/13 7:52 am - Frogtown, OH
Topic: RE: where is everyone?

My stress has kicked in big time in the last 6 months, I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, w/o losing!     I keep thinking I remember how to get back on track, it's just doing it.   I only cook for 1 again and that's half the problem, I don't like cooking for 1, so I just don't cook most the time, not when a sandwich or oatmeal will do.

I have gained about 30lbs back and I want them GONE again!   I know a huge part of this is lack of exercise, where did my good habits go?  

In the casket, along with my son, I think.  =(   

I know we will be hungry, but maybe we do have to go back to step 1 with the eating.  I still do not eat a lot, it's about what and the lack of exercise in my life.

Sphinxy
on 2/19/13 6:50 pm - Redlands, CA
Topic: RE: Mortified and Disgused and hopless

I don't know what would work for you - but here are a copule of suggestions. Start back at the beginning diet after surgaery. Clear liquids, Full liquids, soft foods, full diet but work proteins in gradually. Take a few days for each step - see how that works. Meanwhile check out your counseling options -- food is more than nourishment for most of us. Find out what is driving your eating, and take steps to get it in control. We have had lifetimes being protected by layers of fat. Perhaps you are more afraid of being skinny at this point in time? Also realize, that this is just not about what to eat as much as a commitment to a lifestyle!. Wishing you all the best,

B

goodgmissm
on 2/6/13 12:36 am - Vinton, IA

I'm still here... not doing well, but here.  I have put back on so much weight and I don't know how to get back on track.  High stress life and high stress career have me resorting to old dangerous habits with food.

Moma V.
on 5/4/12 12:00 pm - Frogtown, OH
So I was bored cleaning out my email box and seen this reply!  Good to see a fellow surgery buddy!

I came looking for support also as I have gained 20lbs and I hate it on me!    I know the reason, been over-stressed, under exercised and lazy from being ill the past 6 months. 

I am better now, but I want to lose these 20lbs again!  

I am trying to go back to basics.  Start anew, I know my tool still works as I still dump and too often!

Gypsy Blossom
on 5/3/12 2:44 am - Chicago, IL
I'm here!  (Late, but here!)

looking for some support myself, lately.. I had maintained my total weight loss for nearly 7 years and have now packed on a few extra (20!  Yipes!!  I never even got to goal!)

Serving up Back On Track Realness!!  :)

Hope you're well!

Stefanie

Stef
RNY 11/12/04
5'11"
390/236/175

Moma V.
on 1/5/12 4:17 pm - Frogtown, OH
Topic: where is everyone?
Does no one use this board anymore? 

I came for support.. hello where are my fellow surgery date pals?

Don't make me come look you up, 1 at a time.  lol

mcgreen
on 9/28/09 3:36 am - Honey Brook, PA
Topic: RE: Nutri System after Gastric Bypass
Congratulation on your new baby!!!  It took you 9 months to have your baby, you should realistically give yourself 9 months to get back to your prepregnancy self.  There are pregancy boards on this site - you should go there and see what others have done to get back to goal.  Good luck and congrats again!
mcgreen
on 9/28/09 3:32 am - Honey Brook, PA
Topic: RE: Help
You know, Susan is right - back to basics.  I too can eat anything now (except icecream but that doesn't stop me from trying) but I still can't eat a lot at one time.  This is the tool that I worked so very hard to get.  Remember those days of anxiously wondering if you were going to be approved for the surgery, the days of pain recovering??  You went through that for a reason - to acquire the tool that you needed to succeed.  It's 4 yrs later and you still have the ability to get what you want, you just have to work for it again.  It's worth it - it really is, you just have to exercise, eat protein first and not reach for the sugar and carbs.  You are worth the effort - now get walking!!!

Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 798 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1013 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 848 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1157 views
Iron deficieny