your daily menu, struggles and triumphs at 8 months out..

jaymaree
on 8/2/09 2:38 am - ID
Hello all...

just wondering if any of you would care to share your daily menu, including amount of food (weight or volume), calories, and protein... I thought it would be interesting to see where we are all at in this process and to be honest some days I'm not sure if I'm getting it right or am where I'm suppose to be...
Also was wondering if you would like to share what is the part of this journey you struggle with the most ?  For me, it is still getting in all the protein and exercise.  I have made exercise my goal this next week.  I've been really bad to not get into a regular habit of exercise so far.
And finally, what has been the best part of this journey for you so far ?  For me, it has been having so much more energy and being able to do things with my family.  I can't tell you how many times I didn't do things because of being flat out to tired and unmotivated to leave the house.
Hope all is going great !! Thanks
prettydee7
on 8/3/09 3:21 am, edited 8/3/09 3:21 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hello Jay,

Im almost 9 months out and I have lost a total of 89 lbs since I had surgery and 105 total.  I also work out 3-4 times a week and follow my diet/program. 

I have been working on trying to NOT eat the same things all the time, but its hard because I love a good salad.  So that's what I eat alot of is salad.  Here is an example of what my day usually looks like"

B - 1 Scoop protein in Silk light soy milk

S - Decaf coffee w/ sf non dairy creamer

L - fresh salad greens w/ 1 hard boiled egg, 1/4 cup shredded colby/jack cheese, 1/4 cup of raw red bell pepper, 3 oz of protein (tuna, grilled chicken, salmon, etc)

S - 1/2 cup pistashios & sf jello

D - Fresh vegetable (s) 1/2 or 1/4 cup (depends on if Im even hungry) and 3 oz of protein (usually chicken or beef)

Oh, I almost forgot.  I take my daily vitamins that Im supposed to take and consume my 64 oz of water EVERYDAY! 

If you dont have any energy you should be sure that your getting in all of your water and your vitamins.  that can make a big difference.  Hope this helps.
mychoice2008
on 8/13/09 4:04 pm - Seattle, WA

Hi-

I just hit 9 months this week. This is an example of a day of eating:

B: Protein shake-30g  plus coffee
L: ham and cheese roll-up and few slices cucumber with seasoning salt
S: Protein shake-30g
D: 2 oz spicy shrimp and roasted asparagus
S: Protein shake-30g or 100 calorie popcorn depending on if I am high enough in protein for the day.

I drink a minimum of 80 oz water per day and take over 19 vitamins a day. I had to cancel gym membership due to finances, but need to step up my game in walking, bike riding, etc. I want to lose about 30 more lbs which will be the weight I was in 7th grade! I think my biggest struggles are with my head. I know I have lost weight but still see a very heavy woman when looking in the mirror (some body dysmorphia, or my mind just hasn't caught up with the body). I am sooooooooo thankful I had the chance to regain my health, energy, confidence and really rediscovering who I am. Best- Nancy

21 pounds lost on 10 day pre-op diet
Most Active
Recent Topics
Survived July 4th
spark · 0 replies · 797 views
Is it possible?
spark · 0 replies · 759 views
Back to Basics
spark · 2 replies · 1044 views
Losing Control
BooBoo139 · 0 replies · 2001 views