~I dont think I can last another 5 days ~

nannb2004
on 11/2/10 10:41 am - San Jose, CA
My surgery is Nov. 8th - I don't know if I can keep this up on the liquid only thing. I'm tired, lighteaded - I hate it. I'm so tempted to stop by somewhere and grab something easy and filling so I can feel full. I'm starving. These protein shakes STINK, and they're disgusting. I keep telling myself only 5 more days to go but ITS NOT HELPING...

Why do I feel so out of control all of a sudden.? I've come this far right? 

jlc1972
on 11/2/10 10:47 am
What kind are you drinking? Premier nutrition from costco or online is very tolerable I think. I am also drinking the unjury chicken broth way better than I thought it would be.

Try and stay strong. It's almost over, I'm right behind you on the 9th.
Maryanne L.
on 11/2/10 12:39 pm - Stockton, CA
You can do it!!!!  I totally know how you feel.  Today was pot luck day at work.. I ended up in an argument with the food.  "No Lumpia, cake, chips, left over Halloween candy, I don't want you"!!!!!!  I was soooooooooo tempted.  My mouth waters thinking about it.  Any way, I stuck to my protein shake and drank it in my office.  If I can do it, you can.  If you need someone to talk to, send me a line and Ill give you my number.  Im right there with you.
nannb2004
on 11/2/10 12:50 pm - San Jose, CA
OMG I was right there with you. One of our older ladies at work (like in her 80's) made walnut chocolate brownies - i could not resist... i took one, put it in my mouth and then spit it out. i was so proud of myself. I then went into the fridge, grabbed my shake and went to my desk. Although I had a few bites of broiled chicken with mustard, I feel much better knowing that i made a much wiser and better decision that if i had eaten that brownie...

Oh and did i tell you she made BBQ pulled pork? It was KILLER - but i drank my shake and didnt break down until after everyone left and i went to get dinner. I saw them brownies sitting there and almost broke down... Only 5 more days for us !

carlycali
on 11/3/10 7:38 am - South Bay , CA
Are you a milk drinker? If so, try the enriched milk. It has 10 g of protein per 1/2 cup. And you can mix it with sugar free chocolate milk powder or drink it as is. I used to put it in my cream soups, mashed potatoes, etc... now I eat it in my cereal.

1 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk

Just mix them together and you're good to go. Hope that helps!
Gingerhead
on 11/3/10 8:46 am - WA

I hear ya! I've been on liquids for two weeks -- surgery is tomorrow. I was managing very well but the last two days have been just miserable! Seems I should have a "last" meal! I know on the other side of the table I will again be on liquids at first , and eating in general will be totally changed forever, and I really want to do this, but right now it is pushing my willpower to the limits!!! One more day!

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/10 1:36 pm
I feel your pain!!  I am on day 3 and my surgery is Monday,  I wanted dinner so bad tonight when my hubby was making soft tacos..  I am soooo hungry right now!!!  LOL.  I just had a sugar free pudding, can you have things like that or is it pure liquid?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Checking in
dlp5510 · 1 replies · 970 views
Hey
jmshadowdancer · 0 replies · 1255 views
nausea is back at 7mos.
dlp5510 · 0 replies · 970 views
One-derland!
Kariszma83 · 1 replies · 944 views
VSG Tomorrow!
xmichi143x · 0 replies · 1053 views