Hello, anyone out there?

kookooberry
on 5/3/11 4:05 am
Well, I see a few of us returning to the roots..I lurked around a while before I signed back up, but I didn't see anyone that I remembered.

I started this journey at 259 lbs, which use to be called lightweight back in 2005. I'm 5'9". I didn't feel as big as I looked in photographs.

I got down to 140lbs, but went up to 162 and now steady for the past few years at 155. I'm happy with weight, but having issues lately. My practitioner said I have Acid reflux but couldn't explain how a stomach the size of my fist have acid. Anway that has been on going since Thanksgiving of last year. I have been on prilosec. It helps, but not very happy about the condition.

I am getting ready to "turn" 54, and been having symptoms of menopause, hotflashes, heart flutters, depression, anxiety, hair loss, overall bummed out.
I did see a website that included the acid reflux in menopause symptoms.

I went to see a GYN who is also a bio-identical hormone replacement friendly doctor. He drew blood and tested for these things:

COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC
CYANOCOBALAMIN VIT B12
CALCIFEDIOL VITAMIN D3
ESTRADIOL
DHEA SULFATE
PROLACTIN
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE
SEX HORMONE BINDING
TESTOSTERONE TOTAL
PROGESTERONE

My results will be reviewed May 5th. But I am not sure yet what therapy will be used because he said he would need to review the best  prescription delivery for any defientcies since I am a gastric bypass patient. I had RNY.
I'll report back with the findings if anyone is interested.
Janet
Most Active
Recent Topics
Congrats on the 10 years!
Josh H. · 0 replies · 713 views
Still Going Strong!
wantstowin2 · 0 replies · 665 views
do you remember me?
rron999 · 1 replies · 776 views
Happy 6th Birthday!
wantstowin2 · 1 replies · 1136 views
How is everyone doing?