21 in 28

katieincanada
on 6/29/10 4:39 am - Canada

Well, that is what the scale at the Weight Wise clinic says. I lost 21 pounds since the day before my surgery and that was 28 days ago. Woo-hoo! I just hope none of it comes back now that I am starting to eat more. (But I'm still not able to get all my protein in.)

P.S.Katrina- How are you doing?

Katie

55 of these pounds lost prior to surgery                    
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/10 8:54 am - Canada
How super is that?! I'm so happy for you!!
Keep it up!!

sandy2011
on 7/6/10 6:44 pm - Australia
WOW, that is soooooooooo awesome, I think the sleeve is for me afterall.You guys rock.I can't wait till I am a "big loser" too.
TAKE CARE ALL AND BE NICE TO YOURSELF.
Mrsapril05
on 7/7/10 8:17 am - Camrose, Canada
Thats Amazing!! Your doing great, keep up the good work:)

I Like this quote I dislike this quote“No great thing is created suddenly.?        
Surgery Date:   Jan 12 2011  

HW:285     CW: 175  SW:250     GW: 160        
katieincanada
on 7/7/10 11:06 pm - Canada

Like so many others say- I guess I thought I would be the one it didn't work for. What a pleasant surprise!

sixfootkat
on 7/8/10 11:22 am - Canada
Hi Katie,

Congratulations! 
I am in the same boat as you.  The weight is coming off but I am having a really hard time getting in enough protein.  Canadian-eh gave me this recipe that I find really yummy and easy. 

Protein Hot Chai Mix  6 scoops vanilla protein powder 1.5 cups non-fat powdered milk 3/4 cup Splenda 1T. chai spice mix (or use half cinnamon and half ground ginger) 1t. ground cloves 1t. cardamon   Mix all dry ingredients in a covered bowl until well blended.  Make a cup of hot tea (decaffeinated). Add two heaping tablespoons of mix to the tea. Whisk or blend in Magic Bullet or blender for about 30 seconds. Makes it nice and frothy.  Recipe makes about 8 servings.   Per serving: Calories: 146 Fat: 1g Carbs:  9g    Protein: 19g

I asked you to be friends with you so I would be notified whenever you did an update but it did not seem to work.  Maybe you could ask to be my friend and see if that works.  I have been putting updates and pictures on my profile wall if you would like to snoop their.

Katrina
katieincanada
on 7/8/10 2:38 pm - Canada

Hi Katrina,

I think the friend thing seems to be OK now as we both show each other as Friend. I did look at your photos. Good for you getting them all on there like that. I guess I should take some more just to have a record of this journey. But your tummy pictures- did you have a tatoo there before or is that all bruising from the surgery? If you have too much nausea talk to your doctor or surgeon. I got a prescription to help with that. Much better now. Glad your surgery went so well.

Keep in touch,

Katie.

sixfootkat
on 7/9/10 1:24 am - Canada
Hi Katie,

Yeah you are friends with me but sometimes this site is frustrating because it is suppose to let me know whenever you up date or post but it does not.  I guess I will have to figure it out.  LOL

All of the funky colors on my tummy are bruises.  No tattoos there.  I still have some bruising but they are almost gone.  Now I just have to deal with the incisional hernia.  Hopefully I will have more answers when I see Dr. Birch on Monday. 

When I was looking around for information about my surgery I sort of found the personal experience of it lacking until I found this forum so I decided to try and post pics...good or bad and my experiences whenever I could.

I still want to write all about my time in the hospital but I have not had a chance yet.  I love to read other peoples stories...I find them helpful and it helps me feel less alone.   I only hope that my stories can maybe do the same for others.

Have a great weekend!

Katrina
Most Active