Seeking a plastic surgeon willing to look after my after care

Touchingsunshine
on 5/8/14 7:18 am - Calgary, Canada

Hey all,

I had WLS in Mexico in 2006.  I haven't had any trouble finding a doctor to take care of me post WLS but seem to have hit a road block.  After 7 years of saving like crazy, I am soooo close to being able to afford a lower body lift and breast augmentation in Mexico. I've had two phone consultations with the patient facilitator and it is essential to me that I have a plastic surgeon here who is willing to take on my after surgery care.  I seem to be having endless difficulty as no one wants to deal with what they call endless problems with out of country surgery patients.

Advice anyone??

Robert H.
on 6/6/14 1:55 am - St. Albert, AB, Canada
VSG on 11/26/13

I am looking at plastic surgery hopefully next year in Mexico with Dr. Sauceda. I know a few people who have recently had plastic surgery with him in Mexico, and have used their local family doctor for post surgery care.  Who are you thinking if having surgery with?  Have you asked your family doctor if he would provide post surgery care?

Touchingsunshine
on 6/7/14 10:19 am - Calgary, Canada

Hi there thanks for your response.  I don't actually have a regular family doctor here in Calgary.  I guess I could consider that option. I'm planning to go to dr. Fuentes though I haven't firmed up plans yet....aiming for October and can't wait but I just want to make sure I'm totally prepared :)

Robert H.
on 6/8/14 4:11 am - St. Albert, AB, Canada
VSG on 11/26/13

i am sure you will be able to find a family doctor in Calgary who will handle your post surgery care.  I imagine most local plastic surgeons will only provide after care for plastic surgery they or their associates have performed. You might want to pose the question on the Alberta forum regarding Calgary family doctors that handle post plastic surgery care. If I hear of any other possible solutions I will send you a message.  Good luck and keep in touch.

Touchingsunshine
on 6/10/14 1:49 pm - Calgary, Canada

Thanks again for the encouraging words. I actually spoke to the doctor who does my fills here and she said I shouldn't worry....I can't be refused care and she gave me a list of doctors accepting patiend.  You take care too!!

Most Active