Alberta Health services post surgery support group

Royalfreedom
on 11/11/14 9:52 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

I had my surgery done in Mexico. I am wondering if I would be eligible to attend the post surgical support services at the Calgary Adult Bariatric Center. Is there anyone on this site that would know?

Wishing you a healthy day,

Royalfreedom

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/14 6:35 am - Edmonton, Canada

Everyone is welcome at the Edmonton one. I would think it's the same for Calgary.

Royalfreedom
on 11/20/14 4:11 am
VSG on 06/23/14

Awe thanks. That is a long way for me to travel, but I just might consider it in the New Year.

:-)

Royalfreedom

jennyremp
on 11/20/14 1:07 am - CALGARY, Canada
RNY on 05/12/14

I had my surgery in Medicine Hat with not post operative help - have you accessed anything at the Calgary Adult Bariatric Center? Is there a support group going in Calgary?

Royalfreedom
on 11/20/14 4:10 am
VSG on 06/23/14

We do have a bariatric wt centre but it is very had to get into. It is in the "Richmond Road Diagnostic Centre".

I am going to be unavailable for about a month, but will try accessing them after the new year. I will post what I find out.

Hang in there :-)

Royalfreedom

Royalfreedom
on 1/26/15 2:40 am
VSG on 06/23/14

Well, I finally got a hold of Calgary's wt management program and they will not open up their support group to people that are not their clients.

So sad when one could consider Calgary being a rich progressive city. I guess we need to keep an eye out for help from what some would consider "third world countries". :-(

Royalfreedom

Most Active