Approved!!!

Pinner
on 11/21/14 4:04 am

Just wondering how long it takes after you are approved for the surgery to get an operation date?  From there how long from operation date to the actual operation?  

So excited but want it now!!  Being very impatient ;)

Tara W.
on 11/21/14 2:22 pm - Canada

What clinic are you with?  I'm also curious to know what the time line is.   I'm wondering also how much notice you get for the actual surgery date.  Is it a few weeks? Or a month or two?  Or like days? Haha

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/14 9:26 pm - Edmonton, Canada

In the Edmonton clinic, I was approved on November 21, 2013 and I got offered a date of September 2, 2014. They did say in the clinic that my wait would be 9-12 months. I say offered, because I couldn't have surgery on that date; I had RNY on September 30, 2014.

It is really hard to be patient, but keep up the hard work you've doing. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/14 9:30 pm - Edmonton, Canada

I missed your second question - they called me the first week in August to offer me a range of dates!

Shelly R.
on 11/22/14 3:03 am - Didsbury, Canada

At Red Deer I got approved on Dec. 16th and I had surgery on April 9th.  I had issues with the fact my ECG results got lost and I didn't get a date when others got theirs.  I however had my name on the wait list and I got a call one week before my actual surgery date.  Interestingly enough, my surgery was before others who were given their actual dates.

Tara W.
on 11/22/14 4:38 am - Canada

Ahhh so I could get two months notice or one week if I can get a wait list spot. Good to know!   Good thing I got a super flexible work schedule and tons of sick time saved up hahaha

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

Pinner
on 11/23/14 11:21 pm

Good to know :)

Not sure how quickly things move along in Calgary.  

I'm hoping for a quick surgery date because I have a 4.3cm cyst on my ovary that they are taking care of during the VSG and it is aching.  Don't want it to burst before they do the surgery :(

Crossing my fingers for a quick surgery date :)

CalgaryGal_40
on 12/1/14 10:53 am - Canada

I'm been in the Calgary weight management program less then a year (march2015) would be a year. I've been approved for surgery, seen the surgeon once. Been to internal medicine doc and he cleared everything. Done all the classes. See the surgeon for the second time in 2 weeks to tell him which surgery I want. They did tell me I could learn of my surgery date at this appointment. But who knows??? I'm happy I went through the program you do learn alot and they have people that know their stuff to help you out. I'll post what I find out at the next appointment.

Pinner
on 12/4/14 12:23 am

Good luck at your next appointment!  Let me know your date when you find out :)

I agree the courses are a must and they do know their stuff!  This surgery is just a tool and if a healthy diet after surgery isn't followed then the risk would be for nothing.  I'm not willing to throw this opportunity away :)  I guess it's time to invest in a quality blender :) lol

CalgaryGal_40
on 1/2/15 3:16 am - Canada

Surgeon office called i'm booked for surgery first week of March. Going to be a good year. Process wasn't as long as people say it was. Total time was 1 year from the time I started the program. Then again I have been working out and eating right for awhile now. I even lost over 100 pounds on my own but since I had my second child weight hasn't been able to come off as easily. Still go to gym and eat proper but weight stays the same. I have no medical issuses and on no meds so that might factor into it too.

Most Active