AHC and plastics anyone?

skpponts
on 1/22/15 10:48 am
Anyone get approved for plastics from AHC? I know that they will do a panniculectomy and breast reduction if deemed medically necessary. I have my consultation in the first week of February with a Lethbridge plastic surgeon and I am very nervous. Anyone get approved for both of these? I want to see if I can get them done at the same time. anyone have any comments or suggestions to give me some hope. I have lost over 120 pounds from RNY in March 2014. I am very unhappy with my lower skin (panniculectomy) and my breasts. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Keelan
on 1/24/15 11:05 am

I was approved for both surgeries and ahs will cover both. But like everything else in life there is alway a BUT...if you need any work done above your belly button or any muscle tightening, any lipo of the tummy area it's not covered. My surgeon (Dr. Toy) charge was $6500.00. Then for the brest reduction ahs will cover it again and then there is the BUT they will not cover the lift portion or the removal of the loose skin or fatty tissue under your arm extending to your arm pit, again you have to pay for this and my surgeon's charge was $3500.00 put them together and add gst and it was $10,300.00 Having them done the same time does save money.

Good luck with your appointment.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

skpponts
on 1/25/15 12:51 am

Yeesh... right now I cant afford anything. Im going back to work and paying off student loans so I have to see if I can get things covered. The only thing that is bugging me is back pain from my breasts and my lower apron. So that makes me feel a tad better that they may cover this. I really want to take my breast down a couple sizes so I dont know what that will look like without a lift! I just want the reduction.....im not too worried how it looks but I need to function.  I guess I will see what happens at the appointment. Thank you for your reply. I will let you know what happens after my consult.

Keelan
on 1/25/15 2:06 am

I hope because you are seeing a different surgeon that things will be different for you. I forgot to add in my previous post that Dr Toy also includes a monsplasty into his tummy tuck as it is medically necessary otherwise you will be left with a bulge that will protrude.

I too had the apron but unfortunately I also have quite a bit of skin and fat deposit around my mid section. I wasn't lucky enough to have all that deflate to the buttom where I would just have a panni. Dr Toy stated to me that in my case I'd be left with too much of a muffin top and be majorly unperportioned.

Maybe other's from your area will have a better idea but thats just my experience. Looking forward to an update.

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

skpponts
on 1/25/15 3:00 am

Thank you for all your information. I do want some more information about the monsplasty from this doc cause I need some work in that area. I hope he is understanding about my situation. I will definitely update you after my consult. Also, how did you find your surgery? Painful? healing time? do you have any pictures? What do you think the tie frame is from consult to surgery date?

Keelan
on 1/25/15 10:24 am

I've actually not had my surgery done yet. It's a lot of money to come up with at once so I'm saving as I don't want to take out a loan or use my line of credit. The surgeon I seen told me that it would only be 2-4 weeks after payment was received that I would be scheduled for surgery. He also stated it would be 6-8 weeks off work but e.i. will cover that.

skpponts
on 1/26/15 3:53 am

Awesome, again...thank you for all your info, it really helps seeing I am not alone! I cant believe its 6-8 weeks off work, I only took 3 weeks off work after my RNY. Let me know when your ready to go through with plastics. I would like to follow your journey :)

TKCAN
on 1/27/15 11:41 am

AHC covered my breast reduction 15 years ago. It was done by Dr. Hasell in Lethbridge.

Bpayne
on 1/29/15 6:10 am - Canada

Out of curiosity, were you not given the option for the surgeon to charge to AHC what they would pay for and then you pay the difference?

Keelan
on 1/29/15 9:47 am

The surgeon does charge AHS and the prices I quoted were the prices that I had to pay in addition to AHS portion that would be covered. The surgeon I see isn't just a plastic surgeon he (Dr. Jonathan To) is a weight loss reconstructive surgeon and he dos work the system to charge AHS as much as he can and tried his best to lower the prices so the patients don't pay so much.

I can get a regular breast reduction done and it will all be cover but it won't include a lift or a lateral thoracic roll autoaugmentation so i would be left with underarm skin and fat hanging on the sides of my breast.

Hope this answered your question.

Most Active