Questions about AHCIP, doctors and fills

mi_illusion_st
on 3/9/15 7:04 pm - Westerose, Canada

Hello I am a transplant from the US to Canada. I had lap band surgery in 2009 and was wondering are there any doctors in the Edmonton area that take patients that have moved to Canada. Also could anyone tell me if Alberta Health Care covers fills and unfills and appointments with a bariatric doctor. I appreciate any help thank you.

YEGgirl
on 3/10/15 2:20 pm - Edmonton, Canada

Hi there . . I don't have a lap band but you can try getting a hold of the Weight Wise clinic in Edmonton (780-735-5620), they would know where you can go.

all the best :)

mi_illusion_st
on 3/11/15 2:00 pm - Westerose, Canada

Thank you for the info!!!

mornings
on 3/11/15 4:35 pm - Canada

hello  I had a gastric sleeve done 2 yrs ago  in Edmonton  now april 10th im having a revision done  in Edmonton  from the revision clinic and yes alberta heath does cover it  ,  you should call the revision clinic in  Royal alexander Hospital in Edmonton   you may need your family doctor to send  a referral  for that   I hope this helps

mornings
on 3/11/15 4:36 pm - Canada

also welcome to Canada  wishing you all the best in your stay here .... if there is anything i can help with  please let me know

mi_illusion_st
on 3/12/15 2:42 am - Westerose, Canada

Thank you and Thank you. Luckily my husband grew up here but he didnt knw anything about lap band doc coverage etc..LOL.....thats my hubs for ya. Appreciate the welcome I have gotten from you and everyone else I have met here in Canada.

mornings
on 3/12/15 4:34 pm - Canada

Your most welcome I do wish the best for you  the revision clinic are wonderful  people ,  I have my revision  april 10th I am excited to say the least  I hope you get yours soon as well

Most Active