Surgery booked for June 1. Excited and scared at the same time!

ShellaB
on 4/10/15 10:37 am

Today I received a call that my surgery is booked for June 1.  I am so excited and scared at the same time.  I got on the surgery list in June 2014 and I am having surgery in June 2015. 

okgal50
on 4/10/15 3:16 pm

So awesome!  A whole year though?  That's a tough wait!  When in that year did you see the surgeon for the first time!  And do the visits with therapists etc.  You on a two or three week liquid diet?  So happy for you and you are one patient lady!

ShellaB
on 4/11/15 1:06 pm

I actually am known to have zero patience, but when it came to this process I knew there was nothing I could do to change things so if I wanted to change my  life and get healthy I had to be on their schedule. Just so happy it is finally here.

I am on a three week liquid diet.  However, my dietician and I have come up with a diet plan that includes me being able to eat oatmeal for breakfast and shakes for the rest of the day.  That will be my diet for 3 weeks.  I am sure I will never wanted oatmeal after this 3 weeks ;-)

Thanks for the support.

okgal50
on 4/12/15 2:07 pm

Well even the oatmeal is better than nothing but shakes. Can you sprinkle a little cinnamon on top?  That will give the digestive system such a break too. I know it's about shrinking the liver for surgery right?  

I may have to wait a year too. Who knows!  And I will because at this point I have no plans to head out of country. Hernia and revision are my challenges so I will see what they say on May 12th!

The end is in sight for you!  (Of waiting). And a new beginning I guess!  So exciting!

ShellaB
on 4/12/15 3:35 pm

It is about shrinking the liver and I think eating little bit of oatmeal in the mornig and shakes for the rest of day will be fine.  The reason for my being able to eat something like oatmeal in the morning is because when I did nothing but shakes I got very ill.  I would vomit, shake, get migranes and have muscle spasms (not sure why).  But when I eat the oatmeal in the morning I do not get sick at all.   this is why we decided that I can eat the oatmeal.  Thank god because I was so sick.

Good luck on May 12.

mornings
on 4/10/15 4:34 pm - Canada
Tara W.
on 4/12/15 2:38 pm - Canada

Super exciting!!! Which clinic do you go to?

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

ShellaB
on 4/12/15 3:36 pm

Thank you I am so excited.  I am in the Calgary clinic

Most Active