VSG Surgery Scheduled for June 1st. Any recovery tips? or recovery stories are welcomed.

ShellaB
on 5/6/15 10:11 pm

I am so excited that the day is so close.  I start my 3 week protein shake diet on May 11.  I know it is going to be extremely tough but I will just keep telling myself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am curious about how sore you are afterwards?  How are the first 3 weeks after surgery while you are adjusting to your new stomach?  Do you feel sick?  Any tips and stories would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

mornings
on 5/7/15 1:08 am - Canada

congrats on your surgery date  im having a revision and my diet starts may 12th ,    when I had a vsg I was amazed that the only real  discomfort  I had was the gas ,    basically the day of discharged I got gas x and well I felt  awesome once all that was gone ,   I wasn't like some who said that  that had no energy as I did have energy   I actually  was feeling good  now my  diet that's another story  I kinda struggled with hungry  but I was allowed by my nurse to have some  lettuce only  not much of it with vinegar and that got me thru days I was feeling  hungry  ,   you will do find im sure ,    I had my surgery  in Edmonton  a few years ago so best of luck as I will be thinking of you drinking your  protein a day after  when I drink mine too loll

sistah3
on 5/7/15 1:16 pm

The advice given to me by the nutritionist was for the first two weeks concentrate on getting in the fluid limit they recommended. Don't worry about the protein number. And it was a challenge. Took me from 7 am to 11 pm to get in 10 cups of fluid.

Also, wear loose fitting pants to the hospital so when you go home it doesn't push on your incisions.

ShellaB
on 5/7/15 6:30 pm

Thank you very much for the input.  I will use it all.

Most Active