Pre-Op/Post-Op Class

Kim C.
on 5/12/15 11:02 am - Canada

Hi everyone,

Could someone please let me know what to expect in the pre-op/post-op classes? I have a second meeting with the surgeon this month, and I'm booked in for the pre-op/post-op classes shortly thereafter (about a week later).

Any idea on how long the surgery wait might be after taking these classes?

Thanks!

sistah3
on 5/12/15 9:22 pm

Which clinic are you going to? There are ones in Red Deer, Edmonton and Calgary that I know of. Probably more;)

mornings
on 5/12/15 9:24 pm - Canada

if its in Edmonton the pre op classes are to give you information on what to expect  diet wise before surgery .  what you can eat after , and what kind of vitiams and how much to take ,  also  talking about the type of surgery and  after care ,    now   usually after your meeting the doctor puts you on his booking for surgery list which  may not be long if your having your classes now , they  usually  give 2 or more weeks as most want the  2 week diet before hand ,  hope this helps 

sistah3
on 5/14/15 10:52 am

My timeline with the Red Deer clinic went relatively fast. I went to orientation end of March, lost my 10% by Sept, endoscopy Oct 10, surgery Nov 12. They crammed the 3 classes inbetween the endoscopy and the surgery. It all depends on what they get for surgery dates.

Most Active