What happens next

TRACEYLYNN
on 7/23/15 4:18 pm - Calgary, Canada

I just received my letter today with my orientation date for August in Red Deer. What happens next? How long before I know if I am actually accepted for surgery? When do I meet the surgeon? I'm so excited sorry if I sound like I am rambling

Tracey Dick-Olson

sistah3
on 7/24/15 8:35 am

Exciting!!!

When you go to the orientation they'll explain all the options, benefits, risks etc. Then they'll tell you to call and make an intake appointment with the nurse. I called the day after my orientation (because that's when they said to call) and met with the nurse a week later. They'll tell you to track your food every day and bring it in and once you've lost 10% of the weight they take that day you'll qualify for surgery. I had my orientation April 1 and surgery Nov 12.

TRACEYLYNN
on 7/24/15 9:22 am - Calgary, Canada

Thank you so much i think i only have 10 pounds to go i am down 10 from july 1 so im on my way  aaaaya lol i was keeping a food journal near the beginning of the year and learned a lot from it actuaĺly. My hip issues have made it hard to do any real excersize but i do keep active its only my husband and i to get things done around the house renos the yard up keep etc... i walk just not real far distances as my thighs go completely numb after a short while so i do what i can and my husband is good about pushing me as well he is awesome and cooks portion controlled meals etc....im so afraid of beong rejected seriously scared 

Tracey Dick-Olson

Andream33
on 7/24/15 10:31 am - Drayton Valley, Canada

Hi Traceylynn, 

i am wondering how long from the time of referral to the time you got your letter for orientation? I am in Drayton Valley, Ab got referred June 22, 2015.  They sent a letter back to my doctor June 24th wanting blood work.  Got that done with in the week. 

Refurred June 19, 2015, Blood work for Bariatric Clinic June 24, 2015, Orientation Dec 18, 2015, First Appointment in Clinic Feb 29, 2016

HW-288

TRACEYLYNN
on 7/24/15 11:21 am - Calgary, Canada

I was referred in february and received my letter yesterday for august 19 

Tracey Dick-Olson

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/15 9:41 am

Hi Tracey

Looks like we will be going to the same orientation.  Don't be scared of not getting in?  Stay positive and Believe.  Our lives are about to change.  

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/16/15 9:47 am - Calgary, Canada

Please make sure to say hello. I will have my husband Ivan with me. He has to learn about all this as well :)  I am short, blond with short hair with purple and brown chunky streaks

Tracey Dick-Olson

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/15 9:59 am

I will look for you.  It is always good to have as much support as possible when embarking on a journey like this.  My husband is also coming with me as we are doing this together. 

TRACEYLYNN
on 8/16/15 10:01 am - Calgary, Canada

That is sooooooooo awesome I can't wait and yes we will be like AA buddies only we will be WL buddies lmao...just used AA as an example lmao

Tracey Dick-Olson

Most Active