Tail Bone is a pain in the butt!

TweetyTobias
on 8/18/15 12:19 am - Canada

Hi I am 8 mths post op for a gastric sleeve and I have reached my goal weight and have had an amazing journey! I love the new me and am so very happy with my decision to have the surgery even with 3 mths of infection that followed. but about 3 mths back I started feeling pain in my tail bone, I really thought I had hurt it in a fall I had taken so I had X-Rays but it was ok. Now Im in constant pain, sitting is sometimes unbearable and sometimes even lying down is painfull. the bone seems to stick out. I have been reading of lots of weight loss stories with this issue but no-one has reported on a great relief for this issue. Please if you have a solution that works, a medication that helps or an injection or surgery that will relieve it please let me know before I go crazy. I won't regain weight (170 lbs gone) but I would do just about anything else to get relief. 

I don't even mind being cold all the time, and not liking food much any more... but the pain in my butt is killing me one seat at a time. 

sistah3
on 8/21/15 10:00 am

I have the same issue.  It's a good problem to have but I agree quite painful.

MissNexxie
on 8/26/15 5:44 am
VSG on 04/30/14

I have the same problem. I purchased a ****yx cushion online and it helps a lot. It has a hole in the back where your tailbone rests and it takes the pressure off. I have one in the house and one in the car.

It's because we've lost the fat pad that normally protects the tailbone. Happens with rapid weight loss.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

TweetyTobias
on 8/27/15 4:57 pm - Canada

Thank you for the sugeation I'll def look for on of those cushions as I really find it hard to sit n my job is a 85% siting job makes for painful nights on a heating pad! 

Thx again 

MissNexxie
on 8/28/15 5:26 am
VSG on 04/30/14

They are a godsend. I got mine off amazon.ca. they were about $16 each. Very plain blue wedges with a hole in thge back.. There are fancier ones which you may look at if you're sitting so much of the day. They'd run up to $30-40. A very worthwhile I'll investment.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Most Active