Quick question regarding weight loss. 3 months post op.

ShellaB
on 9/2/15 5:33 pm

I had my surgery on June 1, 2015 and I was 338.  As of today, Sept 2, I am at 264.  I have been at this weight for the last 2 weeks.  I am eating but still only getting in about 800/day.  I have amped up my exercise routine recently and am hoping to get out of the 260's by the end of next week.  Is it normal to have a stand still period?

MissNexxie
on 9/2/15 9:14 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Stalls are a natural part of this journey.  Your body simply needs time to adjust to massive, ongoing weight loss.  Be patient and keep to the plan.  It will pass.  Also, be sure to get in all your protein and water, this is so, so important and keep your carbs in check.  For me, I did more of a pseudo-low carb plan in that I stayed under about 80 net carbs per day but included in that was veggies, berries and greek yogurt.  I found if I bumped up protein and lowered carbs it helped kickstart my weight loss. When I add in too many carbs it stalls me.  It might be different for you but I wanted to mention that.

That said, yes, stalls are expected.  You will likely find you are still losing inches even in the scale number does not change.  Taking monthly measurements is a great way to track success besides the scale and often in more reflective of your progress.  Good luck!

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

ShellaB
on 9/3/15 4:45 pm

thanks for your reply.  I have severely cut down my carbs, I haven't eaten bread in months and I don't eat pasta or rice very often at all, so that part I chose to do because I knew it was the right thing for me.

I was at the dietician today and she gave me some good tips and talked to me about plateauing, which I knew was going to happen, I just hope it happened in another 20 pounds ;-)  I have amped up my cardio and changed a few things, so I hope that helps.  As long as I don't gain then I'm winning :-)

Most Active