So many questions

KittyKats
on 10/21/15 8:31 pm - Okotoks, Canada

Hi

I just received the call from the Calgary clinic saying I was accepted. (Oct 21st 2015)

I have completed the online orientation session and have booked the 3 initial classes.

I have so many questions.

I don't know what the classes are about. Start in Jan 2016.

Can anyone help me? I want to be as informed as possible. I am a big worrier.

What happens after those classes? How long before I know if I am legible or accept for the Bariatric surgery?

Can I be denied?

I probably have more questions....

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

MissNexxie
on 10/23/15 5:37 am
VSG on 04/30/14

When I did the program it was 6 classes but is likely similar in topics: nutrition, emotional eating, meal planning, eating out, exercise, mindfulness: all classes around how to manage the lifestyle change that surgery requires.

After the classes you will likely have appointments with the nurses, nutritionist and psychologist. I cannot stress enough how valuable and amazing these people are. And how important the classes are, too. Please, please take in all the information and start living it as it will have bearing on your post-surgical success.

My surgery was about 15 months after intake. I'm not sure what the criteria are for denial oif surgery but I know that you need to demonstrate/show your willingness to make the needed lifestyle changes, to embrace and live what they teach you. They will not operate on someone who it isn't willing to change how they eat, move, live going forward. It's major surgery and expensive: you have to follow the plan.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

KittyKats
on 10/23/15 7:39 pm - Okotoks, Canada

Hi MissNexxie,

Congrad's on your ongoing success!

Thanks so much for the information. Every little bit helps. If you can think of any thing else please let me know.

Mairi

Most Active