1st Colonoscopy after gastric bypass

mblank04
on 5/30/10 4:30 am - AL
I am about to have my first colonoscopy since having gastric bypass surgery.  Has anyone had to have one since having gbs and what kind of prep did you use?  I am having to have miralax or mag citrate.  Which did you use and when did you start the prep? With mag citrate, I have the 2 day or the one day.  Which is the best to do?
Lisa M.
on 5/30/10 5:26 am - Delano, TN
I haven't had to have one... but usually the facility will tell you which prep to use and when to begin it.  Good luck hope everything is great.

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/10 2:38 am
I had my first one about 2 years ago and used the 1 day mag. citrate.  I even came into work and left around 2:00 p.m. before the cleaning out began.  LOL  By early evening I was ready for bed with no accidents!  The next morning I went in to the Outpatient ward and had my magic potion and the next thing I knew I was awake and ready to go.  No problems - no after effects and no bad news.  Since then I've had an upper GI and that was the best rest I've had in a long time. 

Good luck with yours.

DebbieDoo
mblank04
on 6/1/10 9:32 am - AL
Thanks for the info.  I had my colonoscopy this morning and everything went well.  I also did the 1 day mag citrate.  I just wanted to know if anyone else had used any other preps.  Thanks again.
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/10 9:59 pm
Well, I'm sorry I wasn't any help     but I am glad to know that everything went well.  

Blessings,
DebbieDoo
Most Active