Returning, and very excited

Michelle R.
on 7/11/14 4:25 am - Tuscaloosa, AL
RNY on 08/21/14

Greetings everyone!

My name is Michelle and I am from Tuscaloosa. I have been a member of OH since 2004, but I have long since stopped being an active member. Looking back over my posts, it is amusing just how much different I am from 10 years ego (at a mature 19 years old). I first began trying to have weight loss surgery in 2003 at the age of 18, and joined OH in the following year. The process had begun with Dr. Bradley Bilton and Beverly Childers (now Beverly Office) and I lost my insurance and sort of dropped all of the progress and, really, the hope of having surgery. Fast forward 10 years, and I work at the University of Alabama (from where I also got a bachelor degree....and in one of my previous posts, I was using my weight as an excuse not to go college...hmm.), am married, and have my own insurance (very good insurance, in fact). 

Two days ago, I got the confirmation from Beverly that my surgery has been approved. I am in shock. This was the point with my previous attempt where I was shut down and gave up. Now I have been approved and I have pre-op class next Wednesday. This is a day I never thought I would see. 

Anyone else still around from 2004 (ish)? I hope everyone remains well and I am beyond glad to be back here, and finally, successfully getting a second chance to be healthy and happy!

-Michelle

Most Active