Recent Posts

Ccecejac
on 3/18/23 5:53 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 02/06/20
Topic: Be Motivated Always! Do not Give Up!

Hi Bariatric Family,

I have been battling Obesity and battling Eating Disorder for over 10 years. I tried the Weight Management previous years before. I had a personal trainer, I was going to the gym, and I cut back on my calorie's intakes. Overall, I was able to lose 125 pounds. I was able to maintain and not regained the weight loss for 5 months the most. I was not able to lose any more weight I reached a Plateau!!! I spend more hours at the gym and ate food being mindful of calories intakes. I eventually, regained all 125 pounds I loss and regained additional over 100 pounds extra weight that I had to battle with ongoing.

I was wearing a Size 4X and 5X in jackets, a Size 5X to a Size 6X in pants, blouses, and clothes in general.. I always had to utilize an extension seat belt riding in the car, and this was my reason avoiding taking an airplane. I was almost 400 pounds. I decided to have the "Gastric Bypass Surgery" this surgery was the right fit for me because I needed to lose over 100 pounds. On February 6, 2020, I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery. I had no side effects and I did not have any complications. I followed my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and per instructions very "Important." I had a License Dietitian they give us support and guidance what food to avoid after the Bariatric Surgery (Post Op). The Dietitian is there to continue to assist us on our weight loss journey success. It is "Important" to follow your License Dietitian guidelines per instructions too!!

My Weight Loss journey was a new amazingly transformation. I loss almost 180 pounds my 3 years Post Op was on February 6, 2023. I have not regained any weight back and continue to lose 2 pounds to 3 pounds a week. I wear a Size 12 in pants, a Size small in shirts (tops), a Size medium in skirts and dresses. My coats and jackets are a Size small/medium. I am enjoying each day abundantly of joyfulness and continuous great success on my weight loss journey success until this day. "By the amazing grace of God made it possible." I am always delighted to share my "True Testimony" to inspire and genuinely helping others to overcome their battling with Obesity and overcome their battling with Eating Disorder.

I continue to apply my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and the License Dietitian I was receiving assistance from years ago their guidelines were always to eat in smaller portion and in moderation. I am very mindfully (aware) of healthy food to eat than food with high calories to not eat. I have adapted extremely well with my healthy eating patterns. I am delighted and continuing enjoying my amazingly new transformation every day! I keep my "Mindset" continuously motivated, discipline, fully committed, and strongly mindful is the key to not regain any weight back. This how you avoid weight gain and prevent setbacks!!!

I have a compassion for helping others in a positive way (that is what I do). We must continue to support and edify one another. If someone had a setback (regained weight) and need advice well, I support them how I am continuing to have weight loss success, then be supportive and give them guidance in helping them to reach their weight loss goals.

Our Weight Loss Journey is a Lifetime and a Lifetime Commitment for the rest of our lives. I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to read my "True Testimony."

Respectfully,

Cece

dlecia05
on 10/31/22 5:07 am - Sylacauga, AL
Topic: RE: Dr. Bryan Freeman (Anniston)

Haven't been on site in a long time. Had lapband with Dr. Freeman in '07. Hate he is no longer practicing either!!! Haven't had any success with finding someone with follow up care for years. Missed the memo about when he was no longer practicing until too late and couldn't access my records or took over his patients. Anyway forward to the present day and the doctor that I have been seeing for the past 2 years (was at a steady weight for years until 2020) and he doesn't really service lapbands even though being a gastroenterologist. He has given me a few fills. Some ending with no restriction and one ending with restriction to where I couldn't even keep water down. Have had barium swallow and endoscopy. Maybe a little band slippage? Can't remember but however my band is at 2ml (?) and I have no restriction and have gone from a steady 187 to currently 215. Gave me the option to have removed and a revision surgery such as the sleeve but my insurance won't cover a revision. I'd have to self pay like I did for my lapband in 2007. Have even tried weight loss clinic but that's not working and their plan is only making me eat and not really supressing my appetite. So I'm at a loss right now myself.

Pre-admission testing: 261
First goal: 185
Second goal: 180
Third goal:  178

dlecia05
on 10/31/22 5:07 am - Sylacauga, AL

Haven't been on site in a long time. Had lapband with Dr. Freeman in '07. Hate he is no longer practicing either!!! Haven't had any success with finding someone with follow up care for years. Missed the memo about when he was no longer practicing until too late and couldn't access my records or took over his patients. Anyway forward to the present day and the doctor that I have been seeing for the past 2 years (was at a steady weight for years until 2020) and he doesn't really service lapbands even though being a gastroenterologist. He has given me a few fills. Some ending with no restriction and one ending with restriction to where I couldn't even keep water down. Have had barium swallow and endoscopy. Maybe a little band slippage? Can't remember but however my band is at 2ml (?) and I have no restriction and have gone from a steady 187 to currently 215. Gave me the option to have removed and a revision surgery such as the sleeve but my insurance won't cover a revision. I'd have to self pay like I did for my lapband in 2007. Have even tried weight loss clinic but that's not working and their plan is only making me eat and not really supressing my appetite. So I'm at a loss right now myself. Should I just keep it in or not. Because some doctors don't want to touch you if they weren't the one who did your procedure.

kamie9487
on 8/3/21 4:40 pm

I had surgery with him in 2004. I lost 130 lbs from the surgery. When my husband died in 2018 I lost down to 95 lbs but know I have gained 100 lbs back and am considering looking into a revision. I don't even know where to start though.

taniaturner1219
on 7/8/21 10:34 am

I was wondering if anyone has the gastric bypass with Dr Freeman and how has it been if a revision has been needed! Mine was in 2007 I hate he is no longer practicing

dlecia05
on 11/12/19 8:28 am - Sylacauga, AL
Topic: RE: Need New Surgeon or PA for Saline Pull...Update:Medical Records (RMC Anniston, AL Dr. Bryan Freeman)

Update: 11-12-2019

My gastroenterologist did a saline pull due to constant reflux after barium swallow and endoscopy. Pulled all 2cc out of band. Totally empty. Have gained 27lbs since August. A steady 187 for a number of years up to 214. Going this week at get some put in. He gave me 3 options. Diet and exercise, put some saline in or get a revision and get sleeve. (due to slight slippage). Well since i don't know if my insurance will pay, going to get saline put in and go from there.

dlecia05
on 7/19/19 5:01 am, edited 7/19/19 5:05 am - Sylacauga, AL
Topic: Need New Surgeon or PA for Saline Pull...Update:Medical Records (RMC Anniston, AL Dr. Bryan Freeman)

Well, I'm 12 years out. Dr. Bryan Freeman was my doctor along with PA Tim Barnes. Have had acid reflux bad for the past 4 years or so and now starting to have trouble keeping food down when I first start eating. Had a recent barium swallow and endoscopy. Will get official results in 2 weeks but radiologist said it looks like my band may have slipped a little bit. Haven't had any other problems over the years.

I'm trying to find a bariatric surgeon to see who will see patients this far out and who doesn't see their regular surgeon since he's no longer practicing here. Need suggestions so i can get some saline pulled out and maybe that will help with the acid reflux. I've been at my sweet spot since just before Dr. Freeman left. Can't recall what year that was but it's been awhile.

Can't get my records from RMC-Anniston because they report they don't have any for me. All my information has remained the same over the years with the exception of just recently getting married. And if they go by social number it still shouldn't be a problem.

I hope there is someone out there who can refer me to another surgeon or PA just to have saline checks if nothing else. (45 mins from south Annistion and 45 mins from south Birmingham I459/I20 corridor.

Felecia (10/30/2007 surgery)

***Update: I just got a message that RMC only carry records for 10 years. So...I still need a doc or PA.

dlecia05
on 7/1/19 8:41 am - Sylacauga, AL
Topic: RE: Dr. Bryan Freeman-Anniston

Have you found another doctor? I need one now after finding out my band may have slipped a little. I never got my records either. I got banded in 2007 by Dr. Freeman.

dlecia05
on 7/1/19 8:36 am - Sylacauga, AL

Aww..I miss him. I need a new doctor now and dont know which way to turn to find a good one in the Anniston/Birmingham area.

dlecia05
on 7/1/19 8:36 am - Sylacauga, AL

Aww..I miss him. I need a new doctor now and dont know which way to turn to find a good one in the Anniston/Birmingham area.

Most Active