New Year, New goals?

poohbearsMeeMee
on 1/3/13 2:48 am - malvern, AR

So here we are in the first week of 2013! I spent the last 7 weeks with a lapband that had to be unfilled, due to esophagus dilation. The MD told me that he expected me to gain at least 15 to 20 pounds. I went in yesterday and the doctor was surprised that I had not gained anything at all, I did not lose either, but hey, a maintain is better than a gain! :)

My question is, how many of you have set new goals, and I mean realistic goals? I do not expect to ever be tiny, never was, but my goal this year will be to make sure I "listen" to my band and call the MD before I get too many signs for the dilation. I knew something was wrong, had been throwing up for weeks, and had indigestion. But my surgeon had moved and we were gifted to a new MD/ surgeon. I still do not feel comfortable at the new clinic, but I am trying to adjust.

So my goals will be to 1. listen to the band and work the tool, 2. not let the stress drive me to eating high carb salty foods (think frozen cheetos here!), and 3. to continue weight loss at a healthy weight, while maintaining my hair :)

LOL

Happy New Year all

Sarah

WLS Support Group Leader

DannyBoyDVG
on 1/4/13 11:30 am - AR

I noticed you are a group leader of a WLS support group. I am almost a year post op and I am looking for a WLS group hopefully one that meets every week or every other week. I am in Fayetteville. If you could contact me with information about your group I would GREATLY appreciate it. You can message me here or on FB (Daniel Glisson picture of me wife and son) to talk about it. Thank You.

poohbearsMeeMee
on 1/17/13 10:05 am - malvern, AR

Hi!

It appears my last message to you was eaten by cyber space!

I work all through Arkansas, and Oklahoma and Missouri. If there is enough interest to do a group meeting biweekly I would be more than willing to host it!

Are there others interested?

Sarah ~ LapBand Princess~
Obesity Help Official Support Group Leader
www.obesityhelp.com/group/lapbandprincess/
Most Active