Don Mee's in Victoria "safe foods"

Frankie82
on 9/1/14 7:42 am
RNY on 08/07/14

Anybody familiar with this restaurant? It’s my friend’s favorite and we’re going there in a few weeks (I’ll be just shy of 2 months post-op). I can’t find a menu online to try and come up with a plan. It’s Dim Sum, so carbs and fried food everywhere! I don’t want to make it an issue (as we’re bringing others with us too) but I really need a food plan!

momjan
on 9/22/14 1:51 am, edited 1/14/15 2:29 pm - Canada

You are  NOT going to find a lot to eat on a Dim Sum menu Frankie.  You  CAN order off the regular menu as everyone else is ordering Dim Sum.  I have done that before.  Go for, obviously, the veggie dishes, meat dishes, things without noodles or rice.  But a lot of Chinese food is fried one way or another, so be careful with the meats.  How about Wor Won Ton?  You get the meat steamed in the dumpling wrappers, along with lots of veggies, sliced meat and octopus in the broth; a really good choice.  And you can take the rest home......

saravmf
on 1/6/15 4:10 pm - Canada

I know this is old, but I thought I'd add my two cents in for what it's worth for someone's next visit. I haven't been since surgery, but did enjoy a delicious lettuce wrap they have on the menu. You can just make your individual wrap without the crunchy noodles. The meat had a sauce that's loaded with sugar, though, but as a treat, I'd say that would be a good choice. Cheers

HW:334PreopW:304SW:276CW:195 Mth1:24 Mth2:15 Mth3:12 Mth4:10 Mth5:10 Mth6:5 Mth7:10 Mth8:4 Mth9:6 Mth10:7 Mth 11:4

Most Active