Checking In

rabgal
on 4/27/16 10:11 pm

How is everyone doing?  It's been very quiet in here ;)

Jibledoe
on 4/28/16 12:15 am
VSG on 04/06/16

I was thinking that too! And wondering how your upper GI X-ray went? Do you have a date yet? I've crocheted a baby blanket 10 dish clothes and half a regular blanket I've done my taxes and watched 37 episodes of castle cleared out my PVR as well as watched 3 series on Netflix, I really need to get back to work and glad I'm going back on Friday to get me out of this house! Lol! 

Canadian tire had a glass scale on for 11.99 and I went out and got it on Friday since then I've been weighing myself every day and a couple of days ago I had to stop so now it's just Saturday's I was getting too focused on the numbers.

im also interesting recipes like a crazy person for when I can eat real food hopefully after my surgeons appt next week! One month!! Woohoo!

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/16 5:11 pm

Haha I was thinking the same thing. It's been a while. I'm on bariatricpal as well so it's nice to read what's going on there but the lower mainland forum on that site is dead. I've been reading all the horror stories about hair loss and so forth, my hair is already thin and I don't want to picture myself bald ??

has anyone experienced hair loss a few months after surgery? I'm keeping up with vitamins and biotin until I can't take them anymore. I had my pre-op form filled out today, can't believe April is coming to an end and my surgery month is upon me. 

They have great recipes on Pinterest, my muffin tins will get lots of use. I am so ready for this!! I hope everyone is doing well ?

Jibledoe
on 4/28/16 7:43 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Yes I'm loving the Pinterest boards for recipes and I can almost eat real food!!

rabgal
on 4/28/16 9:47 pm

Absolutely loving pinterest for the recipes too! My upper GI is moved to May 11 at the Campbell River hospital. Don't even get me started on how upset I was - they left a message on my home phone and not my cell at 4:20 pm the day before! Arrangements were already in motion for me going as its a 3 hour drive and my appointment was at 8:20 ..... I was not only furious but absolutely devastated.  Christina helped me through it - she said my surgery date won't be affected. Still looking at June or possibly even end of May.

Jibledoe
on 4/29/16 7:37 am
VSG on 04/06/16

That sucks Sam but it will all be worth it in the end. 

Jibledoe
on 5/8/16 3:03 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Wednesday is your x-Ray day I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't change on you again!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 10:15 am

Good luck today!

Odettework
on 5/11/16 7:23 am

Hey guys , Sam seems your time is coming near! I still have not completed X-ray. My surgery date is booked for June.7, with Malik. My liquid diet will start may 17! I attempted to start it earlier as suggested by Malik, and when telling Carla.. She quickly reminded me to start early is not good. So to be honest I have been eating more then usual and slacking .. I am going to clean it up. Hope you all have a great week !

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 10:14 am

Congrats on getting your date!! I'm starting my liquid diet tomorrow but have been drinking meals replacement  shakes for breakfast and lunch since Mother's Day. I also  go to Victoria may 20 to meet with the anesthesiologist. 

Most Active