Has any one recently been contacted by Richmond program?

Metamorph1959
on 12/5/17 7:10 pm

So far I've been okay with the wait because I've had such doubts about going through with the surgery. But I'm somewhat more impatient now that I've made the decision definitely to do it.

However, I think for me the longer wait for Richmond would be worth it, as I've got family and friends in Vancouver but not in Victoria, and dealing with two ferries in each direction for every appointment makes it that much harder.

I was just reading a thread here on OH about the wait times for Richmond back in 2012, and they were much shorter than Victoria! I guess it has caught on that the surgery is possible on the mainland.

MM

SirRah
on 12/21/17 10:34 am
RNY on 01/17/18

My wait for initial contact which was this summer was just over 2 years. I heard that the program in Victoria has an even longer wait time now though...

losing2live2015
on 1/15/18 6:48 pm - Powell River , BC
RNY on 11/09/17

Hi there. My journey started in 2015. My referral was sent to the Bariatric program in Richmond. I was on the waiting list for 2 years. Had a great experience going through all tests, appointments etc. A year later I had my surgery.

I will say....it's definately worth the wait! If you are paying you get in faster. If the gov. is paying...you wait. I'm happy with the Richmond program. I only wish I lived closer so I could take advantage of the entire program.....cooking classes, and gym. I live a day's travel away.

Do what is the easiest for you. Good luck!

Most Active