Help! I am soooo nauseaus at 10 days post op, is this normal?

Michelle J.
on 3/6/08 9:24 am
I am 10 days post op and I feel like crap. I am so nauseated and have zero energy. By the way I had gastric bypass. I do not know if how I am feeling is part of the healing process. I thought I was making progress and then just a few days a go started feeling like this. Help!
Elisa *
on 3/6/08 10:55 am - I.V., CA
Michelle, I remember (and it's been 2 years for me ) that the first couple of weeks I felt really tired and a bit nauseated. I remember smelling the foods in the house and I just felt kinda sick. It's normal. Please remember you just had major surgery and it's going to take a while before you feel 100%. Do follow your doctor's orders and sip your water, walk, and rest. You'll be fine.

Elisa              
Pre-Op: 315-Current:150-Goal:150 [[[I MADE GOALLLLLL!!!]]]

Jean L.
on 3/6/08 12:05 pm - Seal Beach, CA
RNY on 08/20/07 with
Michelle - sorry you are feeling bad - just wanted to say hang in there - I was very lucky and had no nausea or anything - not even gas, I was VERY lucky.  Just hang in there - maybe call your Dr for anti nausea meds???? Hope you feel better soon
Jean    

MaryLouise F.
on 3/6/08 2:51 pm - CA
Hey Michelle.. I know how you feel.  I am two months out and I still get very nauseated.. my first two weeks were the worst.. hang in there sweety.. its so worth it.. (((HUGS)))

MaryLouise
http://www.facebook.com/BlueyedMaryLouise

Janine J.
on 3/6/08 6:41 pm - The Beautiful Desert, CA
I think you should give your doctor a call and let them know that you are experiencing this.  I surely hope that you get to feeling better soon!!! Bounce 

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” –Peace Pilgrim (1908-1981).

Michelle J.
on 3/6/08 11:57 pm
Thanks everyone, I am now on anti-nausea meds but I think its he pain meds causing the nausea. I guess time will give the improvement I am looking for!
Miss Ladybug
on 3/7/08 9:12 pm - Folsom, CA
I have been battling nausea since I got out of surgery.  The doctor prescribed for me "transderm-scop 1.5/72hours patches" and they work great.  I know this is what they prescribe people when they go on an airplane or ship. Good Luck, Annabelle
 NEVER GIVE UP .. 355 higest, 312 WLS day, 135 current, no longer OBEASE,, lost 220, and IM AT GOAL!!!!!!
Michelle J.
on 3/9/08 12:16 pm
I think I have the nausea under control now that I have stopped all pain meds. Does anyone have the worst indigestion feeling ever? I can not lay down at night, which makes sleeping difficult. How long does that last? Tomorrow is 2 weeks! Please tell me I am on the upswing of things!
Most Active