~~Daily Thanksgivings~~

newbarb2
on 1/14/10 9:19 pm
Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

Lao Tzu

Happy Friday Cali Friends, what are you thankful for today?

Today I am thankful for...

1.  That aid is starting to arrive for the poor people in Haiti.  My thoughts and prayers continue for them and all they have endured.

2.  Living where I do and having the services that we so often take for granted.

3.  Today being Friday!

OK your turn, what are you thankful for today?

Stephanie O
on 1/15/10 12:04 am - Happy Place, CA

Good morning Barb.  Wonderful quote today.  As for me, let me think now, what am I thankful for.......

Oh yea, I woke up this morning.  I am always thankful to see another day.  Of course the kitty sitting on my chest purring and nibbling on my hand might have had something to do with my awakening at the ungodly hour that I did. 5AM geesh. At least she finally curled up on my chest and we both snoozed for another hour.

Today is Friday.  That is ALWAYS something to be thankful for.

My gorgeous son who always remembers to call me to say hi mom just about everyday.  I'm so fortunate to have the relationship I have with him and that we never end a phone call without saying I love you.

I'm thankful that I was actually able to bowl last night.  My pinched nerve is still a major issue, but this last round of Prednisone seems to have helped a bit and the pain is not as intense in my arm. My fingers are still numb which certainly made for some interesting bowling, but I made it through all 3 games, unlike last week.  A bit more sore this morning, but livable.

Always thankful for Mike who I get to wake up next to every morning and snuggle up to every night.

OK, that's it for me today.  I know there are more, but at some point I have to start working at the job I'm thankful for having.  See, there was something else.

Who's next........................ 

Stacie Z.
on 1/15/10 12:48 am - Victorville, CA
Great quote this morning Barb.  I have a hard time being content with what I have.  Gives me something to think about today.

Today, I am thankful for:

My job.  Even though I don't like it here, at least I have a job when so many in CA are unemployed.

Income tax time.  I know others hate it but I am getting back a lot this year and I need it so I can get a car and a house.

My ex-husband is back in my childrens lives.  They have needed him to be there for them for so long and now he is here.  I guess better late than never.

Have a great weekend.
My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.-- Maya Angelou
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/10 2:27 am
Another fantastic quote Barb!!

Today I am thankful for:

the fact it is not raining as of yet so my drive may not be too band to So cal!

Having everything in the car and just waiting to hit the road!!

For my wonderful friends and family awaiting our safe arrival!!!
msblues
on 1/15/10 3:08 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Hi Barb and Cali,

I like the quote because I also have a difficult time realizing I have all that I need and even if I desire being at a lower weight, and even if I never lose another pound, I am still a very lucky person.

Today I am thankful for.....

1. That I have a good job and that I might be on my way to another good job closer to where I live
2. It's Friday!!! I'll be busy this weekend, but it's different from work and that's good to get a break
3. My mechanic was able to fit my car in today for a tune up and brake replacement even though I didn't set an appointment with him
4. My kitty cats being charming and loving this morning
5. My husband being a very nice man

OK, who's next????

MsBlues
Most Active