Vitamins

Gus H.
on 3/25/10 5:14 am, edited 3/25/10 5:18 am - La Puente, CA
Hey there guys...Well I'm just about a few days from being 4 years out and I continue to take the following vitamins daily that have been recommended by Kaiser:

Multi Vitamin 1pill a day
Beta Caratine 1 pill a day
B12 once a week
Thiamine 1 pill a daily
Calcium 1600mg daily 

Is there anyone out there that's taking anything different?  I know that many surgical centers require their own recommendations.  I think it's valuable to check in once in a while and inquire what others are taking to further assess and discuss with our own PCP's.
Ms Shell
on 3/25/10 5:24 am - Hawthorne, CA
When was your last labs?

Does your Calcium have some D in it?  What about some iron?

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Gus H.
on 3/25/10 5:27 am - La Puente, CA

Yup...I take

Citrical Calcium Citrate Dietary Supplement 250 mg

Darlene
on 3/25/10 6:07 am
Gus
the only true measure of what you need is with your labs. Do you do them yearly now? have you kept copies and track them? your ups and downs? this will help to tweak them.

Do not go by what they say is "normal". that is for people that have NOT had WLS. our needs are different.

Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

alyzbzee
on 3/25/10 6:24 am - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
Hi Gus

4 years, wow.  GOOD FOR YOU, AND YOU LOOK GREAT

Here is what I take for vitamins:

Iron 65 mg - 1 tablet daily
B-12 Sublingual 2500 mcg - 1 tablet 3 times / week
Calcium Citrate 400 mg w/Vit D 500 iu - 4 tablets daily
Biotin 2500 mcg - 2 tablets daily
Vitamin E just because I have dry skin

Have a wonderful day

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

Darlene
on 3/25/10 11:31 am
is your vit E dry? we don't absorb oil based ones.
Women are angels.
...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick.

We are flexible.

Darlene

alyzbzee
on 3/25/10 3:16 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
Darlene, my Vit E is the liquid gel tablet.  My surgeon suggested I take it as I was dry and itchy and I do have several surgical scars prior to my RNY.  At his advice, this is what I am taking.

My scars do not seem to itch as much.  I am not much of a lotion person but I do make an effort to remember to use my jergens on legs, arms and upper torso at least 3 times a week.  I avoid any and all lotions / creams on my abdomen due to several scars especially in the fold section which can stay moist, smell and get a fungus.  YUCK

Have a wonderful weekend.

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

Gus H.
on 3/25/10 12:33 pm - La Puente, CA
I did take vit E for a while and I was able to feel the difference.  I gotta go back to that! Thanks for the reminder!
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 12:40 pm, edited 3/25/10 12:41 pm
anewbecboo
on 3/26/10 3:33 am - Ellensburg, WA
I'm almost 3 years out and these are the main ones I take...

Multi     1 twice a day
B100     1 at night
B12      every other day 2500mcg
Calcium  1500mg daily   I take it twice a day and take 400mg Magnisium and 1000 iu of Vit. D with it both times
Biotin     1 a day   5000mcg
Iron      1 a day 29mg
Vit C     1 twice a day  500mg  (Ester-C)

can't do labs right now because I don't have insurance, but they've always been good and this has been basically (except for the iron) what I've taken all along.  
I also have taken Cinnamon all along, 1 twice a day, it helps with sugar metabolism   and I take Acai daily too

good post Gus!!!  see you tomorrow

Surgery was RNY 5/21/07...I can be found on Facebook: anewbecboo or Becky Reddick 

Most Active