Support Groups in Orange County

tjcountess
on 7/14/10 7:08 am, edited 7/14/10 7:13 am - Irvine, CA
Hi All,

Can anybody tell me when and where support groups meet in Orange County, CA. I need support and can't seem to find on here where they may meet.

Thank You
Terri

Dave Chambers
on 7/14/10 8:50 am - Mira Loma, CA
Corona, just outide the OC county line, has support groups the 2nd Tuesday each month, starting at 7 PM. It's sponsored by Crown Surgery group, but anyone is welcome to attend. Primarily RNY post ops and a few sleeve patients attend.  The 4th Tuesday of every month, they have a small band group, the surgeon happens to use the Realize Band.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Campingmom_Christ
y

on 7/17/10 1:45 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Here is the info from my surgeon. I have been attending the Monday meetings at Orange Coast Memorial. I am sure this is way more info then you wanted I just copied it from the web site.

We hold regular support group meetings in four locations for patients who have had bariatric surgery or individuals who are considering the Lite & Smart DIMENSIONS? surgical weight loss program. Residents of Orange County, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, and other Southern California locales typically participate, but the meetings are for anyone from any area who has had or is thinking of having weight loss surgery. The meetings are led by our program psychologist, Dr. Diane LeMont. Dr. LeMont is a clinical psychologist with extensive experience helping obese patients.

All concerns and questions relating to obesity and weight loss through bariatric surgery are open for discussion at our Lite & Smart DIMENSIONS? support group meetings. Those who have entered a surgical weight loss program have a greater probability for long-term success if their physical, psychological, and relational issues are dealt with openly and honestly in a productive fashion. For most people who suffer from obesity, their condition is closely linked to or was caused by emotional and psychological issues. Significant weight loss may help alleviate some of these, but it is likely that most will remain. Unburdening psychological baggage in our supportive group environment helps every patient heal and overcome the stresses that contributed to becoming obese.

Lite and Lite & Smart DIMENSIONS? offers support group meetings:

The first four Mondays of each month at Orange Coast Memorial Hospital - 9920 Talbert Ave., Fountain Valley, CA 92708
The first four Thursdays at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital -17100 Euclid Ave., Fountain Valley, CA 92708 - Located in the Saltzer Conference Room - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
The third Tuesday at Long Beach Memorial Hospital- 2801 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach CA 90806 - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Support Group will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month starting October 15th.
First and third Saturdays at Corona Library ~ East Room, 650 So. Main Street, Corona, CA 92883 - 10:15 am to 11:45 am.

Lap RNY 2/2/11    
msdawndawn
on 10/12/17 2:24 pm
RNY on 05/03/16

Fountain Bally Regional Hospital - Thursday's 6:30 - 8:30 & Orange Coast Medical Center Mondays 6:30 - 8:30

msdawndawn
on 10/12/17 2:26 pm
RNY on 05/03/16

Meant to say Fountain Valley

babyphat-babyslim
on 7/17/10 2:38 pm - Northern California, CA
When I lived in OC, I went to the NEW Program (I had my surgery there) and they have a great support group and you don't have to have been their patients. They used to meet in New port Beach. I think they are still in the same place

http://www.thenewprogram.com/
Sarah Lyon
Certified Massage Therapist
Lymphatic Drainage Therapist

Most Active