support group meeting in San Jose 9/19

larra
on 9/18/12 3:01 pm - bay area, CA
    The monthly support group meeting in San Jose will be tomorrow evening, Wednesday, from 6-8 pm in the Theater Building of Hoover Middle School, 1635 Park Ave. The group is sponsored by Pacific Laparoscopy but patients of other groups are very welcome, and we are always happy to welcome new people and their support persons. The group is mainly oriented towards the duodenal switch, but again, anyone is welcome, and if you are still learning about your bariatric surgery options, meeting people who live with various options and seeing for yourself how happy they are and how they are doing is a great way to learn. there is no fee and no committment for these meetings.

And if you think your insurance won't cover the DS, there are ways to appeal denials, so don't let that stand in your way. 

I hope to see you there! Any questions or concerns, just send me a pm.

Larra

Toasty
on 10/19/12 6:40 am
When will your November meeting be?
larra
on 10/20/12 1:46 am - bay area, CA
Toasty, the November San Jose meeting has been cancelled due to schedule conflicts. However, the "big group" that meets in San Francisco each month is still on, as far as I know. This group meets the second Wednesday of each month, and Dr. Rabkin gives a formal presentation on the different types of bariatric surgery for new people As with the San Jose group, there is no fee for the meeting, and no committment involved.
    If you or anyone else is interested, just send me a pm.

Larra
Toasty
on 10/20/12 7:24 am
Larra, are there any other support groups?  I cannot attend on Tuesdays or Thursdays and San Francisco is just a bit too far. Thanks
larra
on 10/20/12 8:30 am - bay area, CA
The only group close to you that PacLap has is the San Jose group. It is unusual for the meetings to be cancelled, so hopefully we will meet in December and you'll be ale to come. You can always pm me for more info, but unless something changes, that would mean the third Wednesday in December from 6-8 pm in San Jose.

I totally understand about the drive to San Francisco, but that group is the only one that includes Dr. Rabkin's presentation about all the different surgery types, so if you can ever get there, it would be well worth the effort.

Larra
Toasty
on 12/5/12 12:12 pm

Larra,

Any support groups for December in San Jose coming up?  Please let me know because I'm really interested in attending one soon.

Thanks,

Toasty

larra
on 12/5/12 12:23 pm - bay area, CA

Hi, Toasty!

I will check to see if the December meeting in San Jose is on - it may not be, due to the holidays. The San Francisco meeting in the second Wednesday of the month should be on for sure - I know that is harder for you to get to, but if you could make it, it would be worth your while.

I'll get back to you with definite news about the San Jose meeting.

Larra

larra
on 12/9/12 6:11 am - bay area, CA

Toasty, I didn't want you to think that I forgot about you. The San Jose group leader has emailed the members of the group to determine how much interest there is in a December meeting. It's difficult this time of year, with a small group and everyone being so busy. As soon as I get the final word from her, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, and I know the location is hard for you, but there will be a meeting of the big group in San Francisco this Wednesday evening, and if you could possibly make it there, you would get to hear Dr. Rabkin's presentation where he discusses all the different surgical options, and also get to meet some great people, so do keep this meeting in mind.

Larra

Toasty
on 12/9/12 1:09 pm

Thanks Larra. Give me the information for the San Francisco meeting and I'll see what I can do.  Thanks again.

larra
on 12/10/12 8:15 am - bay area, CA

Here is the info from the Pacific Laparoscopy website:

second Wednesday of the month (this month Dec. 12 per my calendar), from 6-8 pm in the cafeteria of St. Mary's Hospital , 450 Stanyan St., San Francisco. I will also pm you with a bit more info.

Larra

Most Active